Posted to rec.audio.tech
Kevin

Default FM Signal Routed over same Coax as Freeview?

Apologies if this is a common question. I have tried searching the NG's
for a difinitive answer but cannot find it.

Is it possible to route FM signals from an FM aerial along the same
coax which transports digital TV signals? I have coax cable laid on to
my lounge which is split into two for my digital Freeview tuners
(Topfield TF5800PVR). Can I add a FM aerial signal to this cable and
split it a third time to terminate in my Denon AV receiver (Denon
AV1906)?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Kevin.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Don Pearce

On 28 Dec 2005 07:21:37 -0800, "Kevin"
wrote:

Apologies if this is a common question. I have tried searching the NG's
for a difinitive answer but cannot find it.

Is it possible to route FM signals from an FM aerial along the same
coax which transports digital TV signals? I have coax cable laid on to
my lounge which is split into two for my digital Freeview tuners
(Topfield TF5800PVR). Can I add a FM aerial signal to this cable and
split it a third time to terminate in my Denon AV receiver (Denon
AV1906)?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Kevin.

Yes, you can buy suitable splitters at any shop that sells aerials.

Pearce Consulting
http://www.pearce.uk.com
Posted to rec.audio.tech
Kevin

Thanks d. Much appreciated.

Kevin.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Laurence Payne

On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 20:55:15 -0800, Isaac Wingfield
wrote:

Be careful. At least here in the states, some cable operators do not
provide FM service, and fill the spectrum used by it with TV channels.

This isn't cable. It's digital broadcast.

You are aware, of course, that Freeview includes a wide selection of
radio channels? And they are broadcast at a higher quality than FM
(and, disgracefully, at a higher quality than DAB)? Your Denon may
now be looking like a poor alternative.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Tomi Holger Engdahl

"Kevin" writes:

Apologies if this is a common question. I have tried searching the NG's
for a difinitive answer but cannot find it.

Is it possible to route FM signals from an FM aerial along the same
coax which transports digital TV signals?

Yes. Cable TV companies and many residential building do it all the
where I live. I live in Finland.

Digital TV broadcasts and FM radio use different frequencies.

The idea is that the signals are summed together on the signal source
end usign suitble filters/combiners and then split out on the other
end with suitable filters. Those TV/radio splitters are built into
antenna outlet where I live. Only one coaxial cable enters the outlet,
put it has separate TV and radio output connectors in it.

I have coax cable laid on to
my lounge which is split into two for my digital Freeview tuners
(Topfield TF5800PVR). Can I add a FM aerial signal to this cable and
split it a third time to terminate in my Denon AV receiver (Denon
AV1906)?

Sound doable to me.

--
Tomi Engdahl (http://www.iki.fi/then/)
http://www.epanorama.net/
Posted to rec.audio.tech
Goofball_star_dot_etal

wrote:

Apologies if this is a common question. I have tried searching the NG's
for a difinitive answer but cannot find it.

Is it possible to route FM signals from an FM aerial along the same
coax which transports digital TV signals? I have coax cable laid on to
my lounge which is split into two for my digital Freeview tuners
(Topfield TF5800PVR). Can I add a FM aerial signal to this cable and
split it a third time to terminate in my Denon AV receiver (Denon
AV1906)?

Any help would be appreciated.

Hurry! Probably sold by now. The wall sockets are split FM/TV. I
bought a set last time around.
http://www.lidl.co.uk/gb/home.nsf/pa...Extension_Set_
Posted to rec.audio.tech
Kevin

Thanks for the advice Laurence. DAB is catered for through my Freeview
box (Topfield TF5800PVR) through my Denon AV receiver and out through a
set of Mordaunt-short Genies, or at least it will be when the room's
finished. My question was really around catering for FM. I may as well
make use of it if the AV receiver has a tuner built in eh?

Kevin.