nooob

Default CHEAP guitar for Recording sounds like Martin DM or Martin D-1---Seek advice

I used to have a D-1, will get one soon,

just looking for something that will track well (non-live use) but
inspiring to play. (the brilliance and bass/treble of these are
GREAT), so am looking for something that is cheap as I will spend the
$$ on the DM in the next month or so...

What would be a good cheap guitar? The reason I say recording is
sometimes cheap can have defects as not being loud enough, but since
I'll be recording, I thought I would give it a shot.

Thanks for the advice..
Noizman

Look for a "solid spruce top" guitar. This is what separates the better
sounding acoustics from the crappy ones. Martin and Taylor make some
inexpensive models with solid tops. Cost wise you should look at
something like an Epiphone or Washburn.

Dave

nooob wrote:

I used to have a D-1, will get one soon,

just looking for something that will track well (non-live use) but
inspiring to play. (the brilliance and bass/treble of these are
GREAT), so am looking for something that is cheap as I will spend the
$$ on the DM in the next month or so...

What would be a good cheap guitar? The reason I say recording is
sometimes cheap can have defects as not being loud enough, but since
I'll be recording, I thought I would give it a shot.

Thanks for the advice..

RD Jones

nooob wrote:

I used to have a D-1, will get one soon,

just looking for something that will track well (non-live use) but
inspiring to play. (the brilliance and bass/treble of these are
GREAT), so am looking for something that is cheap as I will spend

the
$$ on the DM in the next month or so...

What would be a good cheap guitar? The reason I say recording is
sometimes cheap can have defects as not being loud enough, but

since
I'll be recording, I thought I would give it a shot.

The "cheap" Martins.
My favorite was the Shenandoah model HD28-32
(with pickup) that we used to sell for around
$600 in the 80's.
A real HD28 goes for like 3 grand now.
The Shenandoah's are discontinued now but they
must have been replaced by equivelent models.
(Road Series or something ?)
At the very low end are the Sigma/Martins
that are great values.

Thanks for the advice..

rd

Evangelos Himonides

try:
http://www.carvin.com/products/cobalt.php

superb quality for the money...

Evangelos

%
Evangelos Himonides
IoE, University of London
tel: +44 2076126599
fax: +44 2076126741
"Allas to those who never sing but die with all their music in them..."

Oliver Wendell Holmes

%

Jedd Haas

In article , nooob wrote:

I used to have a D-1, will get one soon,

just looking for something that will track well (non-live use) but
inspiring to play. (the brilliance and bass/treble of these are
GREAT), so am looking for something that is cheap as I will spend the
$$ on the DM in the next month or so...

What would be a good cheap guitar? The reason I say recording is
sometimes cheap can have defects as not being loud enough, but since
I'll be recording, I thought I would give it a shot.

Thanks for the advice..

Go to your nearest Guitar Scammer. Try out all the acoustics that meet
your definition of cheap. Buy the best one.

--
Jedd Haas - Artist
http://www.gallerytungsten.com

hank alrich

Jedd Haas wrote:

Go to your nearest Guitar Scammer. Try out all the acoustics that meet
your definition of cheap. Buy the best one.

It's liable to be a Big Baby Taylor, 7/8-size, for about $500.

--
ha
novamusic

nooob wrote:
I used to have a D-1, will get one soon,

just looking for something that will track well (non-live use) but
inspiring to play. (the brilliance and bass/treble of these are
GREAT), so am looking for something that is cheap as I will spend the
$$ on the DM in the next month or so...

What would be a good cheap guitar? The reason I say recording is
sometimes cheap can have defects as not being loud enough, but since
I'll be recording, I thought I would give it a shot.

Thanks for the advice..

You may want to go to one of the guitar groups for advice as well. What
type of music? I love my '76 D-28 for bluegrass, but not much else.
Also keep Takamine in mind, as well as Gibson.

Mikey Wozniak
Nova Music Productions
this sig is haiku

Mic Questions Twist Turner Pro Audio 22 November 25th 03 04:04 AM
BEHRINGER SHIPS V-TONE GUITAR PACK SGAE1976 Pro Audio 3 November 15th 03 04:48 PM
Need Help Recording Guitar - vastly appreciate help! me Pro Audio 15 October 28th 03 09:53 PM
guitar mics and preamps M Pro Audio 8 September 6th 03 04:51 PM
Help with Guitar Tracks Pro!!! Stephanie Pro Audio 2 July 24th 03 06:03 PM