Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.pro
dimercaprol dimercaprol is offline

Default m-audio firewire 410

Since things are quiet with no one posting much, I thought I would put my head above the parapet for once and ask if anyone knows about this.

I had a PC running Win 10, with a motherboard containing a built in firewire socket. Using Windows 7 drivers, I was able to make this work.

However, the new PC does not have a built in firewire socket. I got a PCI firewire card (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1) which came with its own VIA driver.

This is not allowing the Firewire 410 driver to be installed. After some searching, I found that legacy IE1394 OHCI compliant drivers have to be installed. However, when I try to install the drivers (downloaded from a link on the Microsoft knowledge base), the computer crashes with an "Uncorrectable error" blue screen.

Has anyone managed to solve this?

Should I just dispose of the Firewire 410 and get a USB device instead? I am not a professional - just enjoy recording my own stuff for fun so I can't justify spending more than about £175.

Many thanks to all,
Dimercaprol