Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default sennheiser radio mics noise

hi all, Quick experience needed question:
I have a couple of Camera mounted Sennheiser EW100 G2 tie mics (omni) -
used in a church hall setting. They sound lovely, except when
occasionally the signal fades slightly; the "rf" meter fades a bar or
2, there is s slight 'whooshing' noise on the receiver...anyone have
any idea what that is and how i can avoid it? Why would a tie mic
suddenly loose a signal like that, just for a few seconds at a time?
Interference?

Thanks

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Phil Allison

wrote in message
oups.com...

WARNING to GG poster:

The "googlegroups " page is not set up compatible with the rest of usenet.

Instead of hitting "reply" - go to "options" and then hit "reply".

This way we get to see a quote from the post you are replying to and WHO you
are replying to.

hi all, Quick experience needed question:
I have a couple of Camera mounted Sennheiser EW100 G2 tie mics (omni) -
used in a church hall setting. They sound lovely, except when
occasionally the signal fades slightly; the "rf" meter fades a bar or
2, there is s slight 'whooshing' noise on the receiver...anyone have
any idea what that is and how i can avoid it? Why would a tie mic
suddenly loose a signal like that, just for a few seconds at a time?
Interference?

** A novice with radio mics are you ????

The only way to guarantee no such "drop outs" us to use cables.

....... Phil

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey

wrote:
hi all, Quick experience needed question:
I have a couple of Camera mounted Sennheiser EW100 G2 tie mics (omni) -
used in a church hall setting. They sound lovely, except when
occasionally the signal fades slightly; the "rf" meter fades a bar or
2, there is s slight 'whooshing' noise on the receiver...anyone have
any idea what that is and how i can avoid it? Why would a tie mic
suddenly loose a signal like that, just for a few seconds at a time?
Interference?

Could be interference, could be dropouts. Do you see signal on the
meters occasionally with the mikes turned of? If so, you got some
other stuff on the channel.

If the meter drops rather than rises when the problem occurs, a dropout
is more likely. Try walking around the room with the receivers fixed
in place and see where the dead spots in the room are.