Hallofwiffleball

Default $80 wire adaptor for the new GrandAM ?

I went to PC Richards to check how much it would cost to install a new Pioneer
stereo, xm tuner and antenna.
$135 basic labor for the stereo and XM. Okay not bad..I'll get the $15
installation kit and wireharness online somewhere.
But then they tell me that I need a special wiring kit that costs $79.95??
They need to run the wiring around from the trunk.
This doesn't seem right?
Crutchfield knows nothing..