Posted to rec.audio.car
Tracey

Default "daisy-chaining" components

I have a Pioneer head unit in my truck that currently has a Pioneer
GEX-P920XM XM Satellite Radio connected to it and mounted behind the
glove compartment. The XM unit, from what the installer told me, plugs
into the CD changer port in the back of the HU.

I want to buy the CD-IB100, which is the Pioneer Ipod interface
adapter, and it also uses the CD changer port. The installer tells me
these components can be "daisy-chained" and so the fact that I already
have a component plugged into the CD changer is no problem.

I'd like to do the Ipod adapter install myself. Will it be as simple
as taking the cable running from the XM unit to the head unit and
plugging it into the Ipod adapter instead, and then plugging the Ipod
adapter into the head unit?

Thanks for any advice...

Tracey