linus

Default Digital Performer 4 Can't Monitor input

I'm running DP4 on mac os x 10.3 without hardware and can't monitor
input at all through the built in audio. I can record and playback but
monitoring ain't happening. I played with setup to no avail...is there
something that I'm missing?
david morley

linus wrote:
I'm running DP4 on mac os x 10.3 without hardware and can't monitor
input at all through the built in audio. I can record and playback but
monitoring ain't happening. I played with setup to no avail...is there
something that I'm missing?

A manual?

Actually there is an audio monitor panel. Switch it one.
Buster Mudd

linus wrote:
I'm running DP4 on mac os x 10.3 without hardware and can't monitor
input at all through the built in audio. I can record and playback

but
monitoring ain't happening. I played with setup to no avail...is

there
something that I'm missing?

You said it yourself: you're missing some hardware.

linus

david morley wrote in message ...
linus wrote:
I'm running DP4 on mac os x 10.3 without hardware and can't monitor
input at all through the built in audio. I can record and playback but
monitoring ain't happening. I played with setup to no avail...is there
something that I'm missing?

A manual?

LMAO! Funny Stuff! A Manual....who'd a thunk it?

Actually there is an audio monitor panel. Switch it one.

It was on but not working. The "open audio midi setup" wasn't letting
me modify settings yesterday and today it is, (JOY!!!!) works fine
now. I Have a G4 400 AGP and the whole audio system seems to be funky
under OS X Panther. Anyone with the same hardware notice anything
unusual.

Thanks for the comic relief David. A manual? ....MADNESS!
david morley

linus wrote:

I'm running DP4 on mac os x 10.3 without hardware and can't monitor
input at all through the built in audio. I can record and playback but
monitoring ain't happening. I played with setup to no avail...is there
something that I'm missing?

A manual?

LMAO! Funny Stuff! A Manual....who'd a thunk it?

Actually there is an audio monitor panel. Switch it one.

It was on but not working. The "open audio midi setup" wasn't letting
me modify settings yesterday and today it is, (JOY!!!!) works fine
now. I Have a G4 400 AGP and the whole audio system seems to be funky
under OS X Panther. Anyone with the same hardware notice anything
unusual.

Thanks for the comic relief David. A manual? ....MADNESS!

Sorry

Never had a problem with the panel, so must have been a glitch somewhere.
I must admit that after having first got DP4, I had to use my "ask a
friend" phone call to find the monitoring out...