Posted to rec.audio.pro
darrelldklein darrelldklein is offline

Default Dual monitors on 98SE?

I have an old Dell P III that I run Win 98Se on because of some legacy
software. I have an extra VGA monitor.

At my day gig (government lawyer -- don't ask) I just got a second
monitor. Now I want to add a second monitor at home to my old PC.
Internet sites seem to show this is possible with 98SE (I may need
another video card. My work IT guy said flat out 98Se will not support
dual monitors.
Is anyone using a dual monitor set up running Win98Se?

Did you add a second video card or did you add a dual card? Were
there stability issues afterwords? My PC is tweaked for audio.

I have added CD burners, swapped out hard drives and added memory and
PCI cards and dug down into the BIOS to resolve problems but I have
never looked into adding a second monitor and now the system is
obsolescent at best.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Deputy Dumbya Dawg[_2_] Deputy Dumbya Dawg[_2_] is offline

My dual boot system (xp- 98se) runs dual monitors. It is all
in the video card and transparent to windows. Find a dual
monitor video adaptor that is compatible with 98 and you are
there.

peace
dawg

"darrelldklein" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Raw-Tracks Raw-Tracks is offline
Senior Member

Deputy Dumbya Dawg wrote:
My dual boot system (xp- 98se) runs dual monitors. It is all
in the video card and transparent to windows. Find a dual
monitor video adaptor that is compatible with 98 and you are
there.

A Matrox G450 or G550 card will do dual monitors on a 98SE machine. I
have a G550 card on my 98SE machine. Although I don't usually run dual
monitors, I have set it up to verify that it works. I tested it with two
mis-matched monitors. I never wound up getting matching monitors so I
choose to just one one.

--
Eric

Practice Your Mixing Skills