M.S. Wingender

Default Jensen bought by Audiovox?

Hi everybody,I recently heard that Jensen electronics was purchased by
Audiovox.I currently own a Jensen Audio showcar.I've seen the recent
models of car audio supposedly made by Audiovox,and believe me,this
stuff still looks like Jensen equipment.
My question is: Is it safe to asume that the equipment being made is
that of Jensen techs or Audiovox techs?
Not that Jensen stuff is that great compared to todays standards of car
audio,but I've been using their gear for 15yrs,and can honestly say that
it has never let me down in any competition I've ever entered! Can I
continue to buy this gear even though its really not Jensen anymore?All
comments are welcome.

Mark

Ehhhh! What's up Doc?"
Ain't I a stinka?

David

I guess your HotMail address 'gives you away'...

What do you mean?! I don't get what he's 'trying' to do, besides get info
that will confirm or deny a rumor...

David

"M.S. Wingender" wrote:

Hi everybody,I recently heard that Jensen electronics was purchased by
Audiovox.I currently own a Jensen Audio showcar.I've seen the recent
models of car audio supposedly made by Audiovox,and believe me,this
stuff still looks like Jensen equipment.
My question is: Is it safe to asume that the equipment being made is
that of Jensen techs or Audiovox techs?
Not that Jensen stuff is that great compared to todays standards of car
audio,but I've been using their gear for 15yrs,and can honestly say that
it has never let me down in any competition I've ever entered! Can I
continue to buy this gear even though its really not Jensen anymore?All
comments are welcome.

Mark

Ehhhh! What's up Doc?"
Ain't I a stinka?

Sanitarium

I thought for sure this was some guy spamming... webtv, only one post
since may, Jensen showcar.
Not to knock Jensen (or webtv for that matter), I used one of their amps
late 89 and it was very reliable.

I use a hotmail address for NGs.

It just looked like a spam post, I was wrong.
Excuse me while I swallow my foot :~)
Garrett

"M.S. Wingender" wrote:

Hi everybody,I recently heard that Jensen electronics was purchased by
Audiovox.I currently own a Jensen Audio showcar.I've seen the recent
models of car audio supposedly made by Audiovox,and believe me,this
stuff still looks like Jensen equipment.
My question is: Is it safe to asume that the equipment being made is
that of Jensen techs or Audiovox techs?
Not that Jensen stuff is that great compared to todays standards of car
audio,but I've been using their gear for 15yrs,and can honestly say that
it has never let me down in any competition I've ever entered! Can I
continue to buy this gear even though its really not Jensen anymore?All
comments are welcome.

Mark

Ehhhh! What's up Doc?"
Ain't I a stinka?

KaeZoo

From a couple of news releases:

The Company, through one of its wholly owned subsidiaries, acquired
Recoton's U.S. audio operation, which includes the well known brands of
Jensen, Advent and Acoustic Research in addition to Recoton German Holdings
GmbH, an audio business with 2002 sales of $70 million for approximately $40
million and the assumption of $5 million of debt related to the acquired
German subsidiary. This transaction combined with the already substantial
market share of Audiovox, creates one of the largest U.S. audio suppliers of
mobile entertainment products.
Patrick Lavelle, president and CEO of AEC also commented on the acquisition,
"We expect to blend the Recoton brands into our electronics subsidiary with
minimal overhead expense. We believe that the addition of the well-known
Jensen brand will allow Audiovox Electronics Corp to expand marketing
opportunities within existing 12-volt distribution channels. We will utilize
this acquisition to expand Audiovox's penetration into the home by offering
a complete line of Acoustic Research, Advent and Audiovox speaker and
entertainment systems."

"David" wrote in message
AR (or Acoustic Research) and Advent were both under Jensen, but I'm not
sure who owns them now (if anyone!)... I don't think Audiovox bought the
home audio divisions of Recoton.

David
UnderTheDash.com

"Sanitarium" wrote in message
This is great for Jensen. I used one of their amps in 89' and it was a
very reliable piece of gear. IMHO Not worthy of the bad rap their
products get by consumers. It was a 50x4 RMS amp. Thing was huge and
all blue.

I didn't know they were owned by Recoton. What else does Recoton own?
I always associate them with cheap wall wart power supplies and
adapters.

Is AR still in the car audio business? I always liked their coaxials?

Garrett

David wrote:

That is correct. Audiovox did purchase Recoton's Jensen division.

Recoton
has sold (more like auctioned!) off it's divisions in a bankruptcy.

This
affects LOTS of product lines, including Jensen, AR, CaseLogic, and

even
AAMP of America, who produces Stinger inconnects and accessories!

The good news is that Audiovox is a VERY large corporation and can
definately support and Jensen and increase it's sales and reliability!

David
UnderTheDash.com