bxboy3191 bxboy3191 is offline
Junior Member

Default running audio from computer

Hi guys,I have a set up from my computer to my Yamaha RX-V665 into audio 1 for streaming i/net radio.Right now out of the headphone jack I'm using a splitter y splitter rca cables into the avr in another room.Now not being a literate computer guy I did see what appears to be red/white audio outs and tried them but got nothing.My fugazy setup works but is there another way.I use the first splitter to get either my internal speakers which suck or my bedroom external speakers which are alot better +there's also a headphone port on this device.
I did not see a specific forum for computer h/ups so I went here....
Posted to rec.audio.tech
whosbest54[_2_] whosbest54[_2_] is offline

In article ,
says...

Hi guys,I have a set up from my computer to my Yamaha RX-V665 into audio
1 for streaming i/net radio.Right now out of the headphone jack I'm
using a splitter y splitter rca cables into the avr in another
room.Now not being a literate computer guy I did see what appears to be
red/white audio outs and tried them but got nothing.My fugazy setup
works but is there another way.I use the first splitter to get either my
internal speakers which suck or my bedroom external speakers which are
alot better +there's also a headphone port on this device.
I did not see a specific forum for computer h/ups so I went here....

Your post is a bit hard to follow, but I can give a more generic typical
solution.

If you're using the analog mini plug headphone out from the computer,
then what is normally used to connect to a receiver is a adaptor with
male 3.5" stereo mini plug on one end for the computer and 2 male RCA
(phono) plugs to connect to a line level in on the receiver. This can be
a CD, AV, tuner, tape or tape monitor in. All are line level inputs,
provided they are female RCA plugs on the receiver.

Here's the one:

http://www.showmecables.com/product/...g-to-Dual-RCA-
Plugs-6-IN.aspx

You can get them in various lengths or get one with 2 female RCA plugs
and extend it with a regular male to male stereo RCA cable.

whosbest54

http://whosbest54.netau.net/rao.htm

http://whosbest54.netau.net/rmb.html

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Dave M. Dave M. is offline

Bxboy,

Why are you using the headphone output? Many computers have a line level
signal coming out of the back. This would be a better signal for your
Yamaha.
If these bedroom external speakers have an integral amplifier then the
line level output would be a good choice there, too. If these are unpowered
speakers then the headphone output might work. I doubt it will sound great,
though. Use the Y splitter and then make some speaker cables using RCA phono
plugs, zip cord, and whatever connects to the speakers.
I've no idea why your internal speaker isn't working. Poke around in your
control panel.

Dave M