Jukka Andersson

Default AKG B-18 Battery Power Phantom Power Supplies 48V?

How do I connect AKG B18 Phantom Power Supply to feed 48V?

There is space only for 2 9v that makes it 18v but there is also note
on another connector that to use converter for 48V operation.

but how this is done? I plan to use 5x 9v batteries with this...

need just quickly 48V phantom for Shure FP11 micpre

..jukka

Jukka Andersson

http://www.netzmarkt.de/thomann/thoi...el-162899.html

is one solution but not really this time. is it possible to go round of this
converter and use 5x9v batteries instead ?

..jukka

"Jukka Andersson" wrote in message
How do I connect AKG B18 Phantom Power Supply to feed 48V?

There is space only for 2 9v that makes it 18v but there is also note
on another connector that to use converter for 48V operation.

but how this is done? I plan to use 5x 9v batteries with this...

need just quickly 48V phantom for Shure FP11 micpre

.jukka

Jukka Andersson

looks like this...
http://www.akg.com/products/powersla...uage,EN.h tml

but should I just ignore this adapter and place (-) of my 5x9v battery chain
to (-) of this Phantom PSU and (+) of my battery chain to (+) of this
Phantom PSU

Should perhaps work that way? Or what information goes there inbetween those
+/- connectors?

"Jukka Andersson" wrote in message
http://www.netzmarkt.de/thomann/thoi...el-162899.html

is one solution but not really this time. is it possible to go round of

this
converter and use 5x9v batteries instead ?

.jukka

"Jukka Andersson" wrote in message
How do I connect AKG B18 Phantom Power Supply to feed 48V?

There is space only for 2 9v that makes it 18v but there is also note
on another connector that to use converter for 48V operation.

but how this is done? I plan to use 5x 9v batteries with this...

need just quickly 48V phantom for Shure FP11 micpre

.jukka

David Satz

Jukka Andersson wrote:

How do I connect AKG B18 Phantom Power Supply to feed 48V?

The B 18 by itself isn't capable of 48 Volt phantom powering. There is
a special, optional accessory for the B 18 which was (and may still be)
available from AKG; it has the size and shape of a 9-Volt battery, and
it contains a DC/DC converter. You install it in one of the pockets,
with a 9-Volt battery in the other pocket, to produce 48 Volts.

I have one here but have not tested it. I will do so on the weekend if
that would help you.

--best regards
David Satz

Hal Laurent wrote:

The Schoeps CMC6 works with 12 - 48V phantom.

The CMC 6 accepts standard 48 Volt phantom powering or standard 12 Volt
phantom powering. But that isn't the same as accepting any old voltage
in between. Or OK, it will--but the amplifier has two discrete "modes"
of powering, with logic that chooses between them based on the supply
voltage as sensed within the amplifier. The mode, in turn, determines
the current consumption of the circuit as a whole.

If you try to power the microphone with something that's well below the
tolerance limit for 48 Volt phantom powering--say, 30-something Volts as
in certain wall-wart-driven portable preamps--a supply designed only to
deliver 1 or 2 mA per microphone may suddenly be called upon to deliver
five times that much current on a continuous basis.

That won't work for long if at all. It would really be better to have
a solid 12 Volt phantom supply than an iffy pseudo-48 Volt supply.
David Satz

Schoeps, Sennheiser, Sanken, Samson, Shure...

Geoff Wood wrote:

You 4got Sony.

.... as well as Soundeluxe, SELA, Stedman, SE, SoundKing and Shanghai Feilo.
Italians all.

Happy Fourth, people.