Holger Laux

Default empty box?

Hi,

I have a car with 2 separate radio slots (originally one for a
cassette player and one for a radio radio).

Since I have now changed to one unit, the empty slot looks a bit ugly
with lots of wire and bare steel behind it.

Of course I could fit just a dummy face plate, but I would like to use
this space as an additional storage compartment. I seem to remember
that there is a kind of black plastic inset for this purpose.

My questions:

1. What exactly is this called?
2. Do you know where I can get one on the Net?

Local car shops where not able to help. :-(

Many thanks,

Holger
David

There are several pockets available for this space. I'd first check with the
vehicle manufacturer...

Also, Metra makes a universal DIN/Iso-DIN pocket, #88-00-9000, that most
audio shops with have or order for you.

David
UnderTheDash.com

"Holger Laux" wrote in message
Hi,

I have a car with 2 separate radio slots (originally one for a
cassette player and one for a radio radio).

Since I have now changed to one unit, the empty slot looks a bit ugly
with lots of wire and bare steel behind it.

Of course I could fit just a dummy face plate, but I would like to use
this space as an additional storage compartment. I seem to remember
that there is a kind of black plastic inset for this purpose.

My questions:

1. What exactly is this called?
2. Do you know where I can get one on the Net?

Local car shops where not able to help. :-(

Many thanks,

Holger

Holger Laux

On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 15:40:53 GMT, "David"
wrote:

There are several pockets available for this space. I'd first check with the
vehicle manufacturer...

It's a Japanese grey import, 12 years old (but in good nick).

Also, Metra makes a universal DIN/Iso-DIN pocket, #88-00-9000, that most
audio shops with have or order for you.

Thanks, that's very helpful.

Does anyone else know a supplier in Britain?

Holger

Holger Laux

On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 19:18:59 GMT, "David"
wrote:

What kind of car?

I may have an extra (from an opened kit) that I can send you...

It is a Toyota LiteAce, built 1991. There used to be a commercial van
with the same dashboard, but mine is the 6 seater MPV.

The opening is of standard car radio size. You have to take the whole
dashboard fascia off to see how the radio is fitted.

If the pocket had a 90 degree moulded-over edge, this would be ideal.
This is where the screws go through, concealed by the fascia.

Many thanks for the offer. Can pay you by PayPal.

Holger

David

Sure.

I have the pocket portion of Scosche's UI2225, as well as the Toyota, Honda
& Nissan side brackets...

EMAIL your address info, and I'll provide a s/h estimate. (No charge for the
pieces!)