Kim Therkelsen

Default Power amplifier for Dali Grand Diva speakers

Hi,
I have a pair of Dali Grand Diva speakers and needs a suitable power
amplifier for them. I have a budget of maximum a 1000$ dollars. Which power
amplifiers would you recommend? It does not matter whether the amplifier is
new or used.

I have been suggested a lot of different power amplifers, for instance Doxa
70, NAD 3020, NAD 218THX, and Harman/Kardon signature 1.5 but still don't
know which to look for.

Best regards
Kim

Tip

Hi Kim,

I have a pair of Dali Grand Diva speakers and needs a
suitable power
amplifier for them. I have a budget of maximum a
1000$ dollars. Which power
amplifiers would you recommend? It does not matter
whether the amplifier is
new or used.

I have been suggested a lot of different power
amplifers, for instance Doxa
70, NAD 3020, NAD 218THX, and Harman/Kardon signature
1.5 but still don't
know which to look for.

FWIW: the owner of Dali was one of the owners of NAD
(he sold NAD to start Tact Audio, but their amps are
over your budget).

Regards,
Tip

Kim Therkelsen

Thank you for your answers. I am currently looking for a Nad 218THX but have
also considered buying two Nad C270 power amplifers and then use bi-amping.
Is that worth going for instead of buying just one 218THX?

"Kim Therkelsen" wrote in message
Hi,
I have a pair of Dali Grand Diva speakers and needs a suitable power
amplifier for them. I have a budget of maximum a 1000$ dollars. Which
power
amplifiers would you recommend? It does not matter whether the amplifier
is
new or used.

I have been suggested a lot of different power amplifers, for instance
Doxa
70, NAD 3020, NAD 218THX, and Harman/Kardon signature 1.5 but still don't
know which to look for.

Best regards
Kim

Stewart Pinkerton

On 30 Oct 2004 15:12:16 GMT, "Kim Therkelsen"
wrote:

Thank you for your answers. I am currently looking for a Nad 218THX but have
also considered buying two Nad C270 power amplifers and then use bi-amping.
Is that worth going for instead of buying just one 218THX?

Without an active crossover, and given that the power amp(s) have
adequate power supplies, bi-amping is utterly pointless.