Louisiana Audiophile

Default $1200 for speaker cables?

http://www.audioconnect.com/html/sky.html

How in the world can a pair of *cables* cost the same as a decent pre-amp/amp
combo (e.g., Adcom)? Or is this just marketing thinking that "if someone wants
to blow this kind of cash, we'll give him something to blow it on"?
Dalibor Bauernfrajnd

In article , Louisiana Audiophile
says...
http://www.audioconnect.com/html/sky.html

How in the world can a pair of *cables* cost the same as a decent pre-amp/amp
combo (e.g., Adcom)? Or is this just marketing thinking that "if someone wants
to blow this kind of cash, we'll give him something to blow it on"?

First of all it's hard to call any amp in the $1,2k range
(especially adcom) decent and secondly $1,2k can't buy you even the
cheapest pair of some manufacturers cables.

--
"Transistors can be made to sound like tubes, digital can be made to
sound like analog, and cables can be made to sound like no cables.

Steven Sullivan

Dalibor Bauernfrajnd wrote:
In article , Louisiana Audiophile
says...
http://www.audioconnect.com/html/sky.html

How in the world can a pair of *cables* cost the same as a decent pre-amp/amp
combo (e.g., Adcom)? Or is this just marketing thinking that "if someone wants
to blow this kind of cash, we'll give him something to blow it on"?

First of all it's hard to call any amp in the $1,2k range
(especially adcom) decent

Amps in the $1.2K range can be decent.

There, that was easy.

--
-S.
chung

Dalibor Bauernfrajnd wrote:
In article , Louisiana Audiophile
says...
http://www.audioconnect.com/html/sky.html

How in the world can a pair of *cables* cost the same as a decent pre-amp/amp
combo (e.g., Adcom)? Or is this just marketing thinking that "if someone wants
to blow this kind of cash, we'll give him something to blow it on"?

First of all it's hard to call any amp in the $1,2k range
(especially adcom) decent and secondly $1,2k can't buy you even the
cheapest pair of some manufacturers cables.

How did you come to the opinion that it's hard to call any amp in the
$1.2K range decent?

What is the magic number? $1.3K? $2K? $10K?

Tim Westmoreland

(Louisiana Audiophile) wrote in message ...
http://www.audioconnect.com/html/sky.html

How in the world can a pair of *cables* cost the same as a decent pre-amp/amp
combo (e.g., Adcom)? Or is this just marketing thinking that "if someone wants
to blow this kind of cash, we'll give him something to blow it on"?

They are probably charging this much in order to recoup some of the
R&D costs spent on development.