Posted to rec.audio.opinion
jfk jfk is offline

Default please suggest in_ceiling speakers

hello

my wife and i are moving into a condominium. we are having a lot of
work done before moving in, and that will include in-ceiling speakers.

we are not much into movies, ans so have no interest in reproducing
theater sound with large speakers. we play orchestral music all the
time though, and so want something which will produce good sound on
our audio equipment, or do a good job with HD radio through a
receiver.

you can imagine the size of the living room in a condo, and understand
that we won't have a dedicated room available for listening or
theater. we may wire two rooms for sound, but haven't made that
decision yet.

can you please recommend speakers for us to consider. we don't have
thousands of dollars to put into this, so would be grateful if you
would only suggest mid range quality speakers.

thanks in advance.

jfk
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
[email protected] suckerton2@gmx.us is offline

On Sep 12, 9:35 am, jfk wrote:
[...]

Great Plains Audio has this new model just for in-ceiling work:

http://www.greatplainsaudio.com/downloads/212_8A.pdf

The newest addition to our family of two-way loudspeakers is the Model
212-8A 12" Loudspeaker. Differing from the 604-series, which uses two
separate magnetic assemblies mounted together, the 212-8A uses one
large magnet for both high and low frequency sections. This method of
manufacture not only reduces material costs, it actually improves the
performance of the two by reducing magnetic flux interferences. It is
supplied with our our proprietary passive crossover of the highest
quality components, or it can be ordered without the crossover for use
in biamplified systems. Perfect for hotel ballrooms, high-quality
background music and paging systems, and, with the addition of
supplemental LF loudspeakers, they work very well in studio monitors,
critical listening rooms, and home audio systems. Click on the image
to view the specification sheets for our 212-8A 12" Two-Way
Loudspeaker System.

http://www.greatplainsaudio.com/two_way.html

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
jfk jfk is offline

On Sep 12, 6:09*pm, wrote:
On Sep 12, 9:35 am, jfk wrote:

[...]

thank you for your response. since this is a 300 watt speaker used
commercially in hotels and probably as a loudspeaker, it may be a bit
too much for a small condo with an eight foot ceiling. do i need
something so large?

jfk