Sambit Basu

Default Sonar, Reason Adapted and Reason Demo

I run Sonar P4. I installed Reason Adapted that came with my sound card
and I can use it from Sonar no problem (although I have just started to
scratch the surface of what can be done).

I downloaded the demo version of Reason 3.0. After installing that,
both the Demo and the Adapted stopped working from within Sonar.
Whenever I try to insert one of them from 'Insert - Rewire', I get a
pop-up saying 'Unable to open the Rewire Device. Either it's already
open or not properly installed'.

To make things more interesting, I uninstalled the Reason 3.0 Demo. And
sure enough, Reason Adapted again became a slave of Sonar and started
obeying commands.

So my question:

1. Is it only a demo issue of Reason? Since I am contemplating of
buying Reason 3.0, it better work with Sonar. If it cannot co-exist
with Reason Adapted, that's fine since I will not need both at the same
time. I will try to uninstall Adapted and try Demo with Sonar. But I
want to know if anybody has faced the same problem with a subsequent
success of running Reason with Sonar.

2. With just Reason attached to Sonar (i.e. no activities), the Sonar
CPU shots up quite a bit. What's the explanation?

Thanks,
- Sambit

Edwin Hurwitz

In article . com,
"Sambit Basu" wrote:

[...]

As far as I can tell, you can only have one version of Reason installed
at a time. I think the installation instructions (at least for Mac)
mention this.

Reason 3 is a worthy upgrade!

Edwin
--
http://www.theetherealplane.com

Guidance on using ProTools LE and Reason Adapted Kevin Collins Pro Audio 3 January 14th 05 04:38 PM
Reason Adapted J.C. Scott Pro Audio 0 August 11th 04 07:49 PM
Whats up with Reason Adapted? Garrett Cox Pro Audio 1 September 25th 03 05:45 PM