Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Modified ORTF for video sound

Hi Guys,

here is a bit of contemporary music with Jacob Anderskov's Strings,
Percussion and Piano recorded live in a parking basement below a library.

https://youtu.be/aOKu0YfW3Q0

https://youtu.be/bbs5Q74SnRs

Enjoy!

Anybody want to make a guess at what mics were used? - you could earn
the honour of having been right on the usenet!

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Note, this post is not about making any headphone sound like Dr. Dre and
not about journalists not knowing the difference between compression,
data compression and bit reduction.

On 04-01-2016 11:29, Peter Larsen wrote:

Hi Guys,

here is a bit of contemporary music with Jacob Anderskov's Strings,
Percussion and Piano recorded live in a parking basement below a library.

https://youtu.be/aOKu0YfW3Q0

https://youtu.be/bbs5Q74SnRs

Enjoy!

Anybody want to make a guess at what mics were used? - you could earn
the honour of having been right on the usenet!

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Barry B Barry B is offline

On Monday, January 4, 2016 at 5:29:51 AM UTC-5, Peter Larsen wrote:
Hi Guys,

here is a bit of contemporary music with Jacob Anderskov's Strings,
Percussion and Piano recorded live in a parking basement below a library.

https://youtu.be/aOKu0YfW3Q0

https://youtu.be/bbs5Q74SnRs

Enjoy!

Anybody want to make a guess at what mics were used? - you could earn
the honour of having been right on the usenet!

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Peter,

The mics sure sound like Shures.. maybe the KSM 141?

Barry
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 24-01-2016 18:54, Barry B wrote:

On Monday, January 4, 2016 at 5:29:51 AM UTC-5, Peter Larsen wrote:

Hi Guys,

here is a bit of contemporary music with Jacob Anderskov's Strings,
Percussion and Piano recorded live in a parking basement below a library.

https://youtu.be/aOKu0YfW3Q0

https://youtu.be/bbs5Q74SnRs

Enjoy!

Anybody want to make a guess at what mics were used? - you could earn
the honour of having been right on the usenet!

Peter,

The mics sure sound like Shures.. maybe the KSM 141?

Affirmative. I would not normally deploy them on violin and viola, cello
yes, but in the context of performing in a concrete parking basement,
albeit with a non-reflective ceiling, I selected them instead of one of
the more usual choices for a piano quartet.

Barry

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Barry B Barry B is offline

I've gotta confess I cheated, Peter... but you probably knew that. You had the mics posted on the youtube vid to which you linked. VERY nice sound in any case, especially for the unusual venue. Kudos.

Barry

ortf delay to ortf. do they need to be same configuration?? lewdslewrate Pro Audio 7 April 11th 11 12:55 PM
TrueHD passing sound cards or video/sound card combos out there? markm75 High End Audio 0 February 21st 08 12:36 AM
ORTF vs AB Lars Farm Pro Audio 10 October 24th 05 10:20 PM
ORTF + Mid? Dave Brown Pro Audio 21 March 15th 04 09:23 AM