Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default 2015 AES Show Report

My report for the 2015 New York AES show is now posted.

https://mikeriversaudio.files.wordpr...ike_rivers.pdf

--
"Today's production equipment is IT based and cannot be operated without
a passing knowledge of computing, although it seems that it can be

Drop by http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com now and then
Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Thursday, November 5, 2015 at 9:30:18 AM UTC-5, Mike Rivers wrote:
My report for the 2015 New York AES show is now posted.

https://mikeriversaudio.files.wordpr...ike_rivers.pdf

--
"Today's production equipment is IT based and cannot be operated without
a passing knowledge of computing, although it seems that it can be
operated without a passing knowledge of audio" - John Watkinson

Yeah, next, some groupie will be seeking for a Volume Fader to work with WIFI on an Android with an "app"!! Engineering at its finest!!

Jack

Drop by http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com now and then

Posted to rec.audio.pro
polymod polymod is offline

Thanks.....always look forward to this!

Poly

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 05-11-2015 17:55, polymod wrote:

Thanks.....always look forward to this!

+1

Poly

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Angus Kerr Angus Kerr is offline

On Thursday, November 5, 2015 at 4:30:18 PM UTC+2, Mike Rivers wrote:
My report for the 2015 New York AES show is now posted.

https://mikeriversaudio.files.wordpr...ike_rivers.pdf

--
"Today's production equipment is IT based and cannot be operated without
a passing knowledge of computing, although it seems that it can be
operated without a passing knowledge of audio" - John Watkinson

Drop by http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com now and then

Nice report Mike. How about a YouTube live report a la Mitch Gallagher?

-A.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] garyv52@gmail.com is offline

On Thursday, November 5, 2015 at 6:30:18 AM UTC-8, Mike Rivers wrote:
My report for the 2015 New York AES show is now posted.

https://mikeriversaudio.files.wordpr...ike_rivers.pdf

--
"Today's production equipment is IT based and cannot be operated without
a passing knowledge of computing, although it seems that it can be
operated without a passing knowledge of audio" - John Watkinson

Drop by http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com now and then

Thanks Mike - great as always. I was glad you mentioned the Gig Gloves
and you are so right about how important our hands are relative to the
cost of these gloves. I think I need a pair even though I am not a roadie.

Gary V
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 11/6/2015 10:45 AM, Angus Kerr wrote:
Nice report Mike. How about a YouTube live report a la Mitch Gallagher?

He has a job. I don't. I don't know anything about making videos.
Besides, text is much easier to re-read than a video is to re-watch.

--
"Today's production equipment is IT based and cannot be operated without
a passing knowledge of computing, although it seems that it can be
operated without a passing knowledge of audio" - John Watkinson

Drop by http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com now and then
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Saturday, November 7, 2015 at 9:13:04 AM UTC+2, Mike Rivers wrote:
On 11/6/2015 10:45 AM, Angus Kerr wrote:
Nice report Mike. How about a YouTube live report a la Mitch Gallagher?

He has a job. I don't. I don't know anything about making videos.
Besides, text is much easier to re-read than a video is to re-watch.

Aw c'mon! Get a selfie stick, put your phone on video record on selfie camera and have at it! I'm pretty sure you can get an app to top and tail, and then it's pretty easy to upload to your YouTube channel (which is pretty easy to setup as well!)

-A.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 11/7/2015 11:35 PM, Angus Kerr wrote:
Get a selfie stick, put your phone on video record on selfie camera
and have at it! I'm pretty sure you can get an app to top and tail,
and then it's pretty easy to upload to your YouTube channel (which is
pretty easy to setup as well!)

They might not read like it, but I revise those show reports (as well as
reviews and articles) many times over before I push the Publish button.
When I'm writing a show report, I don't have the device in hand and I'm
constantly going between the literature, web site, and my notes. If I
stood in front of a camera and just talked, it would be like a slick
salesman giving a presentation, and I'm not that. And it's much easier
and faster to edit text than to edit a video.

--
"Today's production equipment is IT based and cannot be operated without
a passing knowledge of computing, although it seems that it can be
operated without a passing knowledge of audio" - John Watkinson

Drop by http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com now and then
Posted to rec.audio.pro

Angus Kerr wrote:
On Thursday, November 5, 2015 at 4:30:18 PM UTC+2, Mike Rivers wrote:
My report for the 2015 New York AES show is now posted.

https://mikeriversaudio.files.wordpr...ike_rivers.pdf

--
"Today's production equipment is IT based and cannot be operated without
a passing knowledge of computing, although it seems that it can be
operated without a passing knowledge of audio" - John Watkinson

Drop by http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com now and then

Nice report Mike. How about a YouTube live report a la Mitch Gallagher?

-A.

Just no. Video is for when you are trying to sell something.

--
Les Cargill

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 11/8/2015 10:43 AM, Les Cargill wrote:
Just no. Video is for when you are trying to sell something.

I've occasionally found an instructional video to be useful, and I
suppose a video of Mitch Gallagher getting a demo of a product could be
a bit like being there, but there are already plenty of show reports
like that, mostly individual videos about single products or a single
manufacturer's booth.

--
"Today's production equipment is IT based and cannot be operated without
a passing knowledge of computing, although it seems that it can be
operated without a passing knowledge of audio" - John Watkinson

Drop by http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com now and then
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Sunday, November 8, 2015 at 3:07:04 PM UTC-5, Mike Rivers wrote:
On 11/8/2015 10:43 AM, Les Cargill wrote:
Just no. Video is for when you are trying to sell something.

consider a small video highlight...not a video of the full report..

just a small 1 minute or so highlight that would benefit from seeing

Mark

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

wrote:
On Sunday, November 8, 2015 at 3:07:04 PM UTC-5, Mike Rivers wrote:
On 11/8/2015 10:43 AM, Les Cargill wrote:
Just no. Video is for when you are trying to sell something.

consider a small video highlight...not a video of the full report..

just a small 1 minute or so highlight that would benefit from seeing

Like an interview with Dan Kennedy in a loud Chinese restaurant?

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

And mine finally comes out!

http://positive-feedback.com/show-re...2015-new-york/
and

http://positive-feedback.com/show-re...w-york-awards/

Posted to rec.audio.pro
polymod polymod is offline

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message ...

And mine finally comes out!

http://positive-feedback.com/show-re...2015-new-york/
and

http://positive-feedback.com/show-re...w-york-awards/

Good stuff. You might want to put this in a thread of it's own.

Poly

AES Show Report Scott Dorsey Pro Audio 6 July 2nd 15 04:08 PM
My 2015 Winter NAMM Show Report Mike Rivers Pro Audio 1 February 5th 15 03:27 AM
AES Show Report Scott Dorsey Pro Audio 6 January 7th 15 05:33 PM
.Milan Show Report + RMAF Show. [email protected] High End Audio 0 September 25th 05 10:03 PM
AES Show Report Mike Rivers Pro Audio 43 November 29th 04 01:47 AM