xy

Default sugar ray...jay leno

anybody see sugar ray perform outdoors on the jay leno show?

mark mcgrath's vocals have really matured. his delivery was awesome
on the verses and choruses. it sounded like he kind of bit it on the
bridge intonation-wise. but the other singing was *choice*.

they've always been a cool bunch of guys. in their early days mark
needed to get more solid with his singing, but he still sounded cool
anyway. now his pitch accuracy is way better, and he's matured his
sound with his band...fun without being corny.

they could have easily been a teen-idol band that vanishes after three
years. but these guys are humble, appreciative of their audience, and
love what they do, and i hope they stick around for a long while.

viva california!
transducr

(xy) wrote in message . com...
anybody see sugar ray perform outdoors on the jay leno show?

mark mcgrath's vocals have really matured. his delivery was awesome
on the verses and choruses. it sounded like he kind of bit it on the
bridge intonation-wise. but the other singing was *choice*.

they've always been a cool bunch of guys. in their early days mark
needed to get more solid with his singing, but he still sounded cool
anyway. now his pitch accuracy is way better, and he's matured his
sound with his band...fun without being corny.

they could have easily been a teen-idol band that vanishes after three
years. but these guys are humble, appreciative of their audience, and
love what they do, and i hope they stick around for a long while.

viva california!

i have to say that i'm not really much of a fan of this band (that
being said, i don't usually turn the channel when they come on the
radio), but i do respect them...well, at least Mark McGrath, the lead
singer...i've never really heard or seen much of the rest of the band.

the guy is definitely humble, as you metioned and, it seems to me,
very honestly so. my true respect for him was earned when i saw him
continually slaughter all takers on Celebrity Rock'N'Roll Jeopardy!

the guy is really a music lover, on par with some of my geek friends
whose apartments look like John Cusack's in High Fidelity (vinyl LPs
to the ceilings). obviously, knowing this much about music carries
with it a certain respect and reverence that would surely explain his
humbleness about being honored just to be able to make records.

what i'd like to see is Sugar Ray, Aerosmith and Hootie get together
and make an album. those three guys would make a great band!

Sugar Ray.. what a useless band. So completely bland, harmless. A
model for a singer who's best known as an exciting host of video clip
reruns and cable game shows.. Who cares if the guy knows his music and
has lots of vinyl? His music blows.
jspartz

Default Is She Really Going Out With Him?

I usually like Sugar Ray's productions however I just heard "Is She Really Going
Out With Him" on the radio and I thought it was a weak vocal performance. They
tried to make up for it with the music production but I thought that the vocal
performance as well as the production are not that great. Of course I love Joe
Jackson's version. His vocals bring out feeling and the music falls under the
less is more outlook. It is a classic song to me. Just my thoughts on it.
Anyone else heard the song?

Jason Spartz

Web: www.mudstonemusic.com
E-mail:

BESTnewEnglandDJ

who is that black lady that does vocals with kevin on the tonight show? she
needs some Downers! she is way to happy.

vk
Bryson

transducr wrote:

what i'd like to see is Sugar Ray, Aerosmith and Hootie get together
and make an album. those three guys would make a great band!

Yeah, Aerosmith's a cool dude........ Jethro too.

Oh by the way.......which one's Pink?

Andrew

I love watching people pretend that bands OTHER THAN RADIOHEAD exist.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Sugar Ray makes me want to vomit. Reading
this stupid thread makes me want to vomit. Somebody ACTUALLY cited
Sugar Ray lyrics!!! What is this?!? Something tells me that VH1 has
people posting on rap now. It is going to take me months to forget
that this thread ever happened. I now wish my office reeked like
exhaust from a big fat Harley Davidson...thanks.

I mean if you have to explain to someone why Sugar Ray sucks...it is
too late. They're already dead.

Scott Dorsey

EggHd wrote:
"Your favorite band sucks."

So does yours.

My favorite band sucks too. That's why they pay me a lot of money to
make them sound better. That's what makes them my favoite.
EggHd

My favorite band sucks too.

My favorite band sucks worse.