Posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.audio.tubes
J.P. J.P. is offline

Default Vintage B&K Dynasweep 1070 Circuit Analyzer

Vintage B&K Dynasweep 1070 Circuit Analyzer
http://tinyurl.com/2cwthw
Posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.audio.tubes
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

François Yves Le Gal wrote:
On Thu, 03 May 2007 08:52:47 -0500, J.P. wrote:
Vintage B&K Dynasweep 1070 Circuit Analyzer
http://tinyurl.com/2cwthw

Wow. "Up for auction is this nice Circuit Analyzer. Needs some caps and
power cord replaced but looks good otherwise.Missing a knob.Powers up.No way
for me to test it futher."

Well, of course. How do you test it? Why, you need a circuit analyzer
to do that.

It's like the snake eating it's own tail.
Posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.audio.tubes
cmdr buzz corey cmdr buzz corey is offline

On May 3, 1:21 pm, François Yves Le Gal wrote:
On Thu, 03 May 2007 08:52:47 -0500, J.P. wrote:
Vintage B&K Dynasweep 1070 Circuit Analyzer
http://tinyurl.com/2cwthw

Wow. "Up for auction is this nice Circuit Analyzer. Needs some caps and
power cord replaced but looks good otherwise.Missing a knob.Powers up.No way
for me to test it futher."

A clearer picture might help.

Posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.audio.tubes
J.P. J.P. is offline

On 4 May 2007 20:42:34 -0700, cmdr buzz corey
wrote:

On May 3, 1:21 pm, François Yves Le Gal wrote:
On Thu, 03 May 2007 08:52:47 -0500, J.P. wrote:
Vintage B&K Dynasweep 1070 Circuit Analyzer
http://tinyurl.com/2cwthw

Wow. "Up for auction is this nice Circuit Analyzer. Needs some caps and
power cord replaced but looks good otherwise.Missing a knob.Powers up.No way
for me to test it futher."

A clearer picture might help.

Which picture? The front shot? I'll try and add one or two more in a
few....J.P.
Posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.audio.tubes
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Bret Ludwig wrote:
There was probably a test procedure for it but without that or some
TV sets to use it on he's right, more or less. It's only good for TV
work and who fixes TVs? If you are a tube TV collector tinkerer, my
advice, buy it cheap. If you need it you can probably figure it out.

As I recall, this is a device that does dynamic characteristic curves
in-circuit.

As such, it's not useful for anything unless you have a nominal set of
curves available. The manual has curves of a bunch of old TV sets, which
is basically not very useful today.

BUT, if you are maintaining dozens of the same piece of equipment, the
dynasweep can still be useful. You take nominal measurements on a known
good piece of equipment and then compare with the bad one.

It also could be a useful production line test device, though of course
in the modern ATE era there are faster ways of doing that.

Posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.audio.tubes
RapidRonnie RapidRonnie is offline

On May 7, 9:19 am, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:
Bret Ludwig wrote:

[...]

--scott

No, it's not a Huntron Tracker type device. It's a subber for various
sections in a TV set. It was designed for tube TVs and may or may not
be useable with solid state ones.

I worked on Hazeltine and Lear Siegler CRT terminals in a shop that
did them by the thousands. We had a subber assembly that would do the
same things we built. It worked great. When the company was bought out
they trashed it-didn't just throw it away, they sledged it and
shredded all the documentation. I still have a set of prints I
squirreled away somewhere. Management told it was because we were
beating the contract labor rate by such a wide margin that if someone
ratted us out, the customer would demand a rate reduction.

Months later they fired several people for reasons that made no
sense. One of them also, I know, had a set of prints. He must have
ratted them out because we lost the contract, and management simply
folded the business. The rumor was they were going to demand we
sledgehammer all the test equipment, which made little sense to me,
but the facility was burgled a short time later and everything not
nailed down and some things that were were cleaned out. I saw various
pieces of this at hamfests in the area for quite a while after that.

The Huntron Tracker was and is a very efficient piece of
troubleshooting for solid state equipment. They made a huge fortune
because they had a patent and enforced it. I think the patent has run
out but they are still doing pretty well. It's a very simple thing to
build. The limiting factor on it is that no one troubleshoots most
solid state equipment today-they throw it out still working.