Default Extending phono interconnects and ground cable

I recently purchased a mid-range turntable to hook up to my existing
hifi system and allow me to play all those old records I have.

Unfortunately, it isn't possible for me to setup the turntable near my
amp and I therefore need to connect it using a cable approximately 5
metres long. The turntable has a "built in" cable with a couple of
gold plated RCA plugs and a ground connector. Although I can easily
purchase a 5m interconnect cable, these usually have male RCA plugs on
both ends but I would need female on the end connecting to the phono.
Also, I haven't yet seen a cable with a built in ground connector.

What is the best way to extend the existing interconnect/ground cable
on the turntable? Is it possible to buy a single cable with female on
one end and male on the other, incorporating a separate ground
connector? I could buy a standard RCA cable such as the QED Qunex and
a couple of male to female adaptors but this is introducing a lot of
connectors to the cable run and what would I do about the ground cable?
Any recommendations on cables I should use?

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

You may never have seen an interconnect with male on one end and female on
the other, but nevertheless they do exist. However, you might be better off
using a standard male/male interconnect and adding a female/female adapter.
I just bought one from www.mcminone.com. It's called an "A/V coupler", and
the part number is 27-4960. The price is 99 cents.

When you get through hooking it up, you may find that there's too much hum
pickup due to the length of the interconnect. In the unlikely event that
this is the case, I recommend purchasing an inexpensive phono preamp, so
that the signal is more robust when it has to face up to 5 metres of
interconnect. These are also available from mcminone.com, part No. 50-7770,
at $24.95.

Cheers,

Norm Strong