Posted to rec.audio.pro
Federico Federico is offline

Default Shure microphones

Hi,
if you had the opportunity to buy Shure microphones with 50% discount what
would you buy?
I already own 3 SM7 and my list would be

Beta 91
SM 81

Do you know the KSM series? Is it worth trying?
F.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
George's ProSound Company George's ProSound Company is offline

"Federico" wrote in message
Hi,
if you had the opportunity to buy Shure microphones with 50% discount what
would you buy?
I already own 3 SM7 and my list would be

Beta 91
SM 81

Do you know the KSM series? Is it worth trying?
F.

50% off what, list price?
I think you can do better

50% off dealer, buy what you need , that would be a excellent price

remember shure has several levels of prices
distributors do not pay dealer

generally one anyone can get "dealer" prices from establishing a
professional end user relationship with a master distributor

George

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

Federico wrote:
Hi,
if you had the opportunity to buy Shure microphones with 50% discount what
would you buy?

If it was 50% discount from some mysterious eBay seller, I'd probably
buy a counterfeit Shure mic whether I wanted it or not. Someone recently
reported either here or on another audio forum that I read that he had
purchased a Beta 87 at "a good price off eBay" and when he noticed that
it worked with the phantom power turned off, discovered that it had a
crummy dynamic capsule inside.

Shure has a link on their web site about fake mics and has been working
hard to get them out of the marketplace, but some never go away.

me he
)
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

In article ,
Federico wrote:
Hi,
if you had the opportunity to buy Shure microphones with 50% discount what
would you buy?
I already own 3 SM7 and my list would be

I would buy SM11s, an SM12, a box of SM57s and a used SM33.

Beta 91
SM 81

SM81 is a very rugged mike but it is designed with ruggedness rather than
optimal sound quality in mind. Sometimes this is good.

Do you know the KSM series? Is it worth trying?
F.

Sure. The KSM32 and KSM44 mikes are definitely worth trying out.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Paul Stamler Paul Stamler is offline

If it's for real and 50% off dealer price rather than off list, I'd get a
KSM9 or two. Very, very good vocal mic.

Peace,
Paul

Posted to rec.audio.pro
John Albert John Albert is offline

The KSM32 and KSM44 mikes are definitely worth trying out.

Thanks for the comment, Scott.

The KSM44 is roughly competitive to the Audio Technica
AT-4050 in features and price. Have you any thoughts on how
they compare vis-a-vis one another?

I'm guessing either would be a fine mic. One of the best
comments I've seen re the 4050 was that although it might
not be the "best mike" for every application, it still
worked well enough in almost ANY application....

Thanks,
- John