Posted to rec.audio.pro
savy savy is offline

Default noisy eq

My realistic 31-1988 eq is very noisy mostly in the 250hz band.
with carefull adjustment of all 5 bands the hiss can be minimalized.
The chain is reverb unit/ EQ/ realistic mp-20 PA.
There doesn't seem to be any big power filtering caps in the PA, could
adding a filter cap help with the noise/interaction b/w EQ and PA ?

When the EQ is used with my well filtered fender amp it works
normally.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

savy wrote:
My realistic 31-1988 eq is very noisy mostly in the 250hz band.
with carefull adjustment of all 5 bands the hiss can be minimalized.
The chain is reverb unit/ EQ/ realistic mp-20 PA.

Okay, I can belivee this.

There doesn't seem to be any big power filtering caps in the PA, could
adding a filter cap help with the noise/interaction b/w EQ and PA ?

No. You don't have a hum problem caused by noise on the supply line,
what you have is thermal noise caused by using the cheapest possible
semiconductors at the highest possible gains.

When the EQ is used with my well filtered fender amp it works
normally.

Sure, because the guitar amp has no top end response at all.

Just throw out the Radio Shack crap and buy an entry-level professional
graphic EQ from an outfit like Rane or Symetrix. You should be able to
find something used at a reasonable price.

Tell Ayn it's noisy climbing under a hat. Kinon O'cann Pro Audio 0 June 27th 06 10:38 AM
Noisy DIs ??? Phil Allison Pro Audio 161 August 30th 04 03:16 AM
Noisy Avalon 737SP.... how noisy should it be Martin Quinn Pro Audio 6 June 3rd 04 01:02 AM
Noisy Avalon 737SP.... how noisy should it be Martin Quinn Pro Audio 0 June 2nd 04 05:59 PM
Noisy Vibrations Eddie Runner Car Audio 2 July 12th 03 05:42 PM