Tony Kuzub

Default Ward Beck console site

you lie...you're in the members section...what the hell is going on here
--
Tony Kuzub

www.HighVoltageRecording.com

"jekylsvial" wrote in message
The Ward Beck Preservation Society has manuals/ scematics for those hard

find mods.
I'm not affiliated but thought I'd pass it on.
www.kuzub.com/WBSPS
Wayne Barron

jekylsvial

OK, at the time I originally posted this message I was NOT an affiliate. I am
NOW a member and DAMNED proud of it.
Thanks for letting me vent.
Wayne Barron

I'm not affiliated but thought I'd pass it on.
www.kuzub.com/WBSPS
Wayne Barron

Mark Plancke

(Analogeezer) wrote:

I'm not affiliated but thought I'd pass it on.
www.kuzub.com/WBSPS
Wayne Barron

Cool site and Ward Beck's are cool consoles. I bet that Plancke guy
even has WBS underwear, he's a big proponent so it was not a suprise
to see him as a member.

Nope, but I've got some Hanes underwear that's cool enough. It keeps
me warm during those cold Canadian winters.

Say are there any more of those CBC studios wanting to get rid of
their old Ward Becks?

I think it's pretty much all been cleared out. Plenty of TV stations
have this stuff laying around though.

Mark
http://SoundtechRecording.com

"Putting the lion's share of your attention and investment out in front
of the microphones pays off every time." -- Bob Olhsson
Tony Kuzub

Man you Canadians are crazy though, hauling that console back in an
open bed pickup wrapped in plastic? (see the pics on the site)

Well when I moved it it rained on the way down to regina (3 hour drive) and
on the way back it didint rain (we lucked out) Total moving costs...$120
(mostly gas and beer)

If I bought a console that nice I'd be picking it up in an armored
truck g.

Why? the thing is allready built like a tank. All the modules were pulled
wrapped and hauled in a nice car...and the frame was hauled in the truck.

Say are there any more of those CBC studios wanting to get rid of
their old Ward Becks?

Yes, but I have my name with a sold sticker attached to them

Are you still having problems with your M472 Modules? I may be interested
in trading something for them. They are **** I agree...but the reason they
suck is that they created an M472A module (a stereo version of the M472) so
they scaled down the quality and shrunk everything to fit 2 channels on 1
board....that also explains why they are unbalanced.

Tony Kuzub

Tony Kuzub

Contact Cory at he may have the frame from an L2042
sitting around.
http://www.kuzub.com/WBSPS/Consoles/...rdbeck%206.jpg He wanted
$1000 Canadian last time I talked to him.

It was the first console I ever worked on...and the gutted it and sold it
for modules.

In a few months I may have a console ready for scrap. I plan to keep the
modules gut the electronics and scale it down to 2 portable 8 channel
mixers.

Visit my website for more info www.Kuzub.com/WBSPS

--

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message
Mark Plancke wrote:

I think it's pretty much all been cleared out. Plenty of TV stations
have this stuff laying around though.

I am still looking for metalwork! If you see a console being scrapped,
let me know! I want maybe 20 slots of metalwork!

Tony Kuzub

Are you still having problems with your M472 Modules? I may be interested
in trading something for them. They are **** I agree...but the reason

they
suck is that they created an M472A module (a stereo version of the M472)

so
they scaled down the quality and shrunk everything to fit 2 channels on 1
board....that also explains why they are unbalanced.

Sorry, that was ulysses not Analogeezer

I've got a pair of M472 EQs, which I assume would have been used in a
console right below those M470A mic preamps. I bought them on Ebay
when I was young and foolish. They were only a hundred bucks. When I
got them and saw what was in them, I lost interest. They've been
sitting on the shelf for a couple years and I never got around to
firing them up. They want a bipolar 25V supply and they have 201 and
LM1458 op-amps in them. I would expect the preamps to be similar. I
would get around to powering them up, but since they're a different
form factor than the other EQs I just got (API and similar) I may not
get around to it. I just can't see getting motivated to build a rack
and a power supply for these things.

--
Tony Kuzub

www.HighVoltageRecording.com

Basic Car Audio Electronics Site Perry Babin Car Audio 0 December 8th 03 01:29 AM
FA: 2 Ward Beck 470D mic pres HenryShap Pro Audio 0 August 6th 03 10:15 PM
Help..Ward Beck Stevaudio Pro Audio 2 August 1st 03 07:24 PM
Ward Beck help Stevaudio Pro Audio 5 July 30th 03 11:12 PM
FS: 2 Ward Beck 470D Mic Pre/Eq Modules HenryShap Pro Audio 0 July 13th 03 05:39 PM