Billy the Kid

Default Newbie: which is the best digital audio mixer for a beginner?

I'm compiling a six CD set of best "drumming songs" for my young nephew, and
I need a digital mixer in order to mix commentary tracks I've recorded with
the songs I've selected for the collection.

I have a copy of SoundForge 4.5 for Windows , and I'm wondering if I should
simply buy a copy of Acid (it's not clear to me if this program allows for
the easy sequencing of multiple tracks), or if I should consider other
packages. I've heard good things about Cool Edit (purchased by Adobe but
still available on ebay) and Cool Waves. I should add that I know SoundForge
fairly well, and that although I'm new to digital mixing I master new
software fairly easily. If money were not an issue, I'd order the Adobe
version of Cool Edit, but alas.....

area242

"Billy the Kid" wrote in message
I'm compiling a six CD set of best "drumming songs" for my young nephew,

and
I need a digital mixer in order to mix commentary tracks I've recorded

with
the songs I've selected for the collection.

I have a copy of SoundForge 4.5 for Windows , and I'm wondering if I

should
simply buy a copy of Acid (it's not clear to me if this program allows for
the easy sequencing of multiple tracks), or if I should consider other
packages. I've heard good things about Cool Edit (purchased by Adobe but
still available on ebay) and Cool Waves. I should add that I know

SoundForge
fairly well, and that although I'm new to digital mixing I master new
software fairly easily. If money were not an issue, I'd order the Adobe
version of Cool Edit, but alas.....

There's several ways to approach this. If I were in your shoes, I would
simply record all the voice overs first, add them to each song individually
(you can mix two sources together in Sound Forge). Then, since you're
already so familiar with Sonic Foundry, you can compile all of the songs in
CD Architect (adding crossfades, etc) and then burn to disc when you're
done. Easy.
Acid is another option, and this way you could play with the timing of your
voice overs (when they come in, etc) even easier.

Good luck!