Tony F

Default HU Illumination Switch Question

I want to install a simple toggle switch inline with my illumination input
on my HU so that I can control when it dims. I drive with my headlights on
all the time and I don't want my display to dim during the day, but I want
to flip the switch at night so it does dim. I'm "assuming" that such a
switch is as simple as installing it inline with the illumination wire and
that's that. I don't need any sort of blocking diode or anything else to
prevent any sort of damage to the HU?

Thanks,

Tony

--
2001 Nissan Maxima SE Anniversary Edition
Clarion DRZ9255 Head Unit, Phoenix Gold ZX475ti, ZX450 and ZX500 Amplifiers,

2001 Chevy S10 ZR2
Pioneer DEH-P9600MP Head Unit, Phoenix Gold Ti500.4 Amp, Focal 165HC
Speakers & Image Dynamics ID8 D4 v.3 Sub

Amp toggle switch Mr. D Car Audio 7 January 2nd 05 09:02 PM
Help needed for switch... Mike Rivers Pro Audio 1 August 9th 04 10:07 PM
question for anyone who bought an Aardvark product bundled with Cakewalk [email protected] Pro Audio 0 May 28th 04 01:48 AM
Installing stand-by switch Sugarite Vacuum Tubes 3 February 26th 04 04:04 PM
Repost: Reason 2.0 on a Celeron 2GHz laptop. Scott Elliott Birch General 17 July 7th 03 11:20 PM