Sushi Fish

Default Upgrade Pioneer audio sound system with Nakamichi or others?

I have an 98 Lexus LS with standard Pioneer audio system, it is barely
OK, but not as good as Nakamichi on the 91' LS400 on the tight bass
region. The Lexus dealer says I can't exchange to Nakamich because of
extensive wiring reworks. Anyone has converted Pioneer to Nakamich or
other brands on the Lexus 1998 LS400?

Will the 91' LS400 Nakamichi amplifier system fits my 98 LS?

Does anyone know any companies that can do the convert?

Thx

The conversion is possible, although you'd probably need to strip the
entire NAK system from an older LS and hire a shop to do the install.
After the time, effort and cash, it would have been simpler (and maybe
cheaper) to just go aftermarket. If you want to keep the "factory look"
and/or simply like using the factory deck, add JL's new CleanSweep
Module (http://www.jlaudio.com/press/CleanSweep05.html) which will
neutralize any built-in EQ the deck may use and convert the signal for
aftermarket amps. Then just add the neccesary amps and speakers.