teamxtremeaudio

Default Petitions against "Boom Cars"

There are a quite a few websites that post petitions to make boom cars
illegal.We think that this is unfair.We love what we do.Team Xtreme has
posted a petition to fight against these laws that have passed in some
states already.If you enjoy Car Audio and love your systems sign our
petition.We will fight to keep what we love doing. Stop by our website
at www.teamxtremeaudio.com and help us fight these types of laws from
happening

--
teamxtremeaudio
teamxtremeaudio's Profile: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/me...p?userid=30644

John

This is funny:

http://teamxtremeaz.tripod.com/boomcar.jpg

A real car audio lover would have respect for his neighbors!

On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 15:28:26 +0000, teamxtremeaudio
wrote:

There are a quite a few websites that post petitions to make boom cars
illegal.We think that this is unfair.We love what we do.Team Xtreme has
posted a petition to fight against these laws that have passed in some
states already.If you enjoy Car Audio and love your systems sign our
petition.We will fight to keep what we love doing. Stop by our website
at www.teamxtremeaudio.com and help us fight these types of laws from
happening

MZ

This is funny:

http://teamxtremeaz.tripod.com/boomcar.jpg

A real car audio lover would have respect for his neighbors!

I wouldn't call it funny. I'd call it a travesty. The law has essentially
become an instrument whereby person A can force (all force requires an
ultimate threat of violence) person B to hand over his audio equipment to be
DESTROYED (audio equipment! we're not talking about explosives or
semiautomatic weapons here! it's frickin' audio equipment!).

"I don't like your stuff. And a lot of voters don't like your stuff
either. So I'll destroy it. When I'm done, I'll drive off on my expensive
120 dB Harley."

I'm sure that cop thinks he's "making a difference". Instead, these laws
turn his job into nothing more than a joke. They spend the majority of
their time issuing traffic tickets for meaningless offenses, upholding
nonuniform noise ordinances, and busting people for ingesting substances
that congress deems inappropriate (because they know how to live your life
better than you do). The remaining 1% of their time, maybe they're actually
fighting real crime. Maybe.

So now car audio is the new scapegoat. Once it was drugs, then it was guns,
then it was pornography, then music, tv, and radio. Car audio is the new
terror!

And no, folks, it's not about noise ordinances. Motorcycles are not
illegal. Semis are not illegal. Airplanes are not illegal. And, honestly,
anything that the upper-middle class likes (and admits to liking) is not
illegal.

I've made a point in this newsgroup for years to criticize the folks who
essentially buy audio gear as their penis extension. But dragging the law
into it, and therefore exerting one's will by sheer force, is not the answer
to what's basically nothing more than an issue of consideration and
tolerance. It's downright sickening.

Tony Fernandes

I highly doubt this equipment bashing by the cops is really happening.
Anyone actually personally witness this sort of thing or know firsthand?

Tony

--
Sony CDX C90 Head Unit, Phoenix Gold ZX475ti, ZX450 and ZX500 Amplifiers,
Phoenix Gold EQ-232 30-Band EQ, Dynaudio System 360 Tri-Amped In Front and
"MZ" wrote in message
[...]

Eddie Runner

it may be a travesty to some, but to others it is a relief!

Alot of folks, and I mean alot!! Hate the boomers that
cruise through the neighborhoods late at night with no reguard
to anyone else....

As most of you know, I have been in the car audio biz for 30 years,
I have fought with neighborhood groups that wanted my shop
shut down because of noise, I have fought with the cops about it
over and over.. I have been threatened with lawsuits many times
by neighbors of our store...

Anyone with any sense could have seen the laws coming!!

It may be too late for some areas to avoid legistature against car
audio, but the real problem is educating the kids to BE POLITE
with how they use the stereo!!

Thats really the bottom line...!!

Eddie Runner

MZ wrote:

[...]

Sh0wn

Most people that have boom cars are teenaged kids that have nothing better to
do. I rather have them spending money on there cars than having them spend it
on drugs.
MZ

I highly doubt this equipment bashing by the cops is really happening.
Anyone actually personally witness this sort of thing or know firsthand

It probably is. They destroy skateboards and the like. Why should audio
equipment be any different?

MZ

it may be a travesty to some, but to others it is a relief!

Alot of folks, and I mean alot!! Hate the boomers that
cruise through the neighborhoods late at night with no reguard
to anyone else....

As most of you know, I have been in the car audio biz for 30 years,
I have fought with neighborhood groups that wanted my shop
shut down because of noise, I have fought with the cops about it
over and over.. I have been threatened with lawsuits many times
by neighbors of our store...

Anyone with any sense could have seen the laws coming!!

It may be too late for some areas to avoid legistature against car
audio, but the real problem is educating the kids to BE POLITE
with how they use the stereo!!

Thats really the bottom line...!!

That's right. That is the bottom line. Turning to the law is not the
answer though. First it's audio equipment, next it's anything that produces
noise. And, well, at least by doing so, they could at least claim that
they're being consistent.

Besides, with these kinds of matters, it'll probably encourage "booming"
rather than dissuade it. Just like parental warnings on CDs or even drug
use.

John

I call them Fart Tubes! These tubes "may" boost their cars
performance, but these fart tubers should have saved their money and
bought a real car instead of a buying ricer in the first place. Fart
tubes are far more annoying than booming cars.

MZ wrote:

[...]

icu812

ya i didnt read all that but i seen the topic and thought i would throw
some info in, in michigan they passed a law that if ur "stereo" can be
heard from 10ft away, u get a fat fine.. then it doubles... etc

--
icu812
icu812's Profile: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/me...p?userid=30654

Chad Wahls

"John" wrote in message
I call them Fart Tubes! These tubes "may" boost their cars
performance, but these fart tubers should have saved their money and
bought a real car instead of a buying ricer in the first place. Fart
tubes are far more annoying than booming cars.

I'd love for someone to explain to me how strapping a coffee can on the end
of a tube can improve performance. Unless the cavity is exactly tuned to
the exaust tube from the collector then it can actually worsen performance
by causing unwanted backpressure. A big tube from the collector is the only
way to go!

Chad

Chad Wahls

"Sh0wn" wrote in message
om...
Most people that have boom cars are teenaged kids that have nothing better
do. I rather have them spending money on there cars than having them spend
it
on drugs.

Hell, I don't care what you put in your body. Smoking a little dope doesn't
knock the pictures off my walls.

Better yet smoke a little dope and if you still have money afterwards buy a
high end stereo for your home, and enjoy it while you are high. If you like
music that much you may even learn what it is SUPPOSED to sound like and
enjoy it .You will appreciate this much more when you go to college and
don't have time to drive around and annoy people. THEN you can build a
system that has accurate reproduction that YOU can enjoy listening to on
your way to your REAL job.

Yes I'm being facetious but get a clue, that's the oldest excuse in the
book.

It's like saying "I carry around a bright red bull horn and talk to everyone
through it while I poke them in the forehead with a screwdriver, but at
least I don't smoke crack!"

Chad

MZ

You will appreciate this much more when you go to college and
don't have time to drive around and annoy people.

Have you BEEN to a college campus recently?

Chad Wahls

"MZ" wrote in message
You will appreciate this much more when you go to college and
don't have time to drive around and annoy people.

Have you BEEN to a college campus recently?

Work on one every day. It's a little rowdy for the first month or so then
you start seeing flyers everywhere for cars and car audio for sale. Just
saw a new one in the elevator as I came down to reply to this.

Where I went to school you weren't allowed to have a car as a freshman
unless you were in the military or had a family crisis, they frowned on
sophomores having one.

Right now it's pretty tame, an occasional boomer but it's pretty quiet. in
another coupla weeks all the boomers will be townie kids trying to look cool
to the college kids who gont give a F.

Chad

MZ

Work on one every day. It's a little rowdy for the first month or so then
you start seeing flyers everywhere for cars and car audio for sale. Just
saw a new one in the elevator as I came down to reply to this.

Where I went to school you weren't allowed to have a car as a freshman
unless you were in the military or had a family crisis, they frowned on
sophomores having one.

Right now it's pretty tame, an occasional boomer but it's pretty quiet. in
another coupla weeks all the boomers will be townie kids trying to look

cool
to the college kids who gont give a F.

I'm inferring that it's an urban campus that you're referring to. The
suburban campuses, especially the expensive ones, tend to have the most
mischief and, coincidentally, seem to have the most people driving by with
their music loud. Only, instead of Ludacris it's Dave Matthews...

Chad Wahls

"MZ" wrote in message
[...]

University of Illinois, Big 10 School, not cheap but it ain't Harvard

Beings as it's one of the word's top engineering schools the caliber of
student may be a little higher here also.

\Chad

MZ

University of Illinois, Big 10 School, not cheap but it ain't Harvard

You're in U-C?

Beings as it's one of the word's top engineering schools the caliber of
student may be a little higher here also.

That's what I hear. But then again, I was referring to places of similar
caliber in Mass, where I'm originally from...

Chad Wahls

"MZ" wrote in message
University of Illinois, Big 10 School, not cheap but it ain't Harvard

You're in U-C?

Yep, I'm an Electronics Engineer for the School of Music. Are you farmiliar
with the area?

Beings as it's one of the word's top engineering schools the caliber of
student may be a little higher here also.

That's what I hear. But then again, I was referring to places of similar
caliber in Mass, where I'm originally from...

Yeah it's different here. Uni's are not where the boomers hang, but boomer
townies flock. Now the multitude of community colleges are where you find
loud stangs and Honda's galore! In Illinois the population density is
pretty low

Chad

MZ

You're in U-C?

Yep, I'm an Electronics Engineer for the School of Music. Are you

farmiliar
with the area?

Passed through. I'm somewhat familiar with the EE program though. It's
rather well-known. Fermi's out there too somewhere, isn't it?

That's what I hear. But then again, I was referring to places of

similar
caliber in Mass, where I'm originally from...

Yeah it's different here. Uni's are not where the boomers hang, but

boomer
townies flock. Now the multitude of community colleges are where you find
loud stangs and Honda's galore! In Illinois the population density is
pretty low

In Mass, the state and community colleges tend to be where the students who
actually have to work for a living are. Most smaller or mid-size states
have one large state university and other smaller colleges. In Mass, for
instance, UMass Boston, Dartmouth, and Lowell seem to have the more serious
students (maybe because they're not going on daddy's money) whereas the much
bigger and reasonably well known Amherst campus is where you go to party.
Consequently, you'll find the boom cars in Amherst more than the other
campuses. At UMass Boston, for example, you'll find more baby seats in cars
than subwoofers.

But my initial comment was actually geared towards the expensive suburban
universities in the area.

Chad Wahls

"MZ" wrote in message
You're in U-C?

Yep, I'm an Electronics Engineer for the School of Music. Are you

farmiliar
with the area?

Passed through. I'm somewhat familiar with the EE program though. It's
rather well-known. Fermi's out there too somewhere, isn't it?

Fermi is in Batavia Il, About 2 hrs north. We have CERL here though which
is the Army's construction Research Lab. I used to go there and work on
their PA consisting of an ass load of Electrovoice MT cabs to blast at
concrete and do acoustics testing. They also have a sonic boom generator
there. I really don't think I could work in that room without the urge to
press the "shiny red beautiful button" (Ren & Stimpy)

Our EE program is well known as is our Neuculear Physics, and computer
science programs. If you use IE go to help and click about

I hire a couple EE students here for grad work and will pobably soon be
doing some grad lecturing on gurella electronic repair soon. They just get
lost without the paper and calcs. I teach my guys how to go in bare handed
with the power on, gives them the "feel" of how their designs will perform
and how to get out of real-world situations. I have been a real world
problem solver for some time now, don't know if that's good or bad, but it's
fun!

Chad

MZ

Our EE program is well known as is our Neuculear Physics, and computer
science programs. If you use IE go to help and click about

I hire a couple EE students here for grad work and will pobably soon be
doing some grad lecturing on gurella electronic repair soon. They just

get
lost without the paper and calcs. I teach my guys how to go in bare handed
with the power on, gives them the "feel" of how their designs will perform
and how to get out of real-world situations. I have been a real world
problem solver for some time now, don't know if that's good or bad, but

it's
fun!

If an EE student can't plug it into matlab or a spice program, they don't
seem to know what to do. Yes, I know folks with EE degrees that don't even
know how to solder... (DSP is not electronics! they tell me)

Eddie Runner

Or most motorycles, including harley davidsons....

BUT, the mentalify here is different, motorcyle dudes
or fart car dudes dont wake folks up by driving crazy
through old folks neighborhoods in the middle of the night
BOOM CARS do it every night (in my neighborhood!!)

My do motorcycles take it easy and boom cars act like
they wanna wake folks up..??

Back to my original point, if boom cars GET SOME MANNERS
then none of us would have any problems and there would be no
need for any legislation or petitions agains these things...

Eddie Runner

MZ wrote:

[...]

Eddie Runner

i agree with that!!

Sh0wn wrote:

Most people that have boom cars are teenaged kids that have nothing better to
do. I rather have them spending money on there cars than having them spend it
on drugs.

eclark53520

icu812 Wrote:
ya i didnt read all that but i seen the topic and thought i would throw
some info in, in michigan they passed a law that if ur "stereo" can be
heard from 10ft away, u get a fat fine.. then it doubles... etc

We have the same law in my town(its a city law though, not a state one)
and i showed a cop in my town that he can even hear his stereo in his
police cruiser at 20ft...so that means he gets a $600 fine...he wouldnt
pay the $5 bet i had on it either...

--
eclark53520
eclark53520's Profile: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/me...p?userid=30611

MZ

ya i didnt read all that but i seen the topic and thought i would throw
some info in, in michigan they passed a law that if ur "stereo" can be
heard from 10ft away, u get a fat fine.. then it doubles... etc

We have the same law in my town(its a city law though, not a state one)
and i showed a cop in my town that he can even hear his stereo in his
police cruiser at 20ft...so that means he gets a $600 fine...he wouldnt
pay the $5 bet i had on it either...

I can hear a conversation at 10 ft. That law is assinine.

Chris Liberti

The problem with these stupid laws is that most police bikes are louder at
the same distance as the stereos they are trying to enforce. Just be smart
when you boom and don't blast the system in residential areas or near
schools (this is a good way to get your system stolen as well).

"MZ" wrote in message
ya i didnt read all that but i seen the topic and thought i would throw
some info in, in michigan they passed a law that if ur "stereo" can be
heard from 10ft away, u get a fat fine.. then it doubles... etc

We have the same law in my town(its a city law though, not a state one)
and i showed a cop in my town that he can even hear his stereo in his
police cruiser at 20ft...so that means he gets a $600 fine...he wouldnt
pay the $5 bet i had on it either...

I can hear a conversation at 10 ft. That law is assinine.

Steve Grauman

I can hear a conversation at 10 ft. That law is assinine.

I guess it depends. I really don't care about blasting stereos on the highway
or in mostly business areas. But it bothers me when the kids from the local
high school come home at the end of the day and sit out in their driveways for
45 minutes with the damn stereo blaring. I really don't want to hear their rap
music. Especially rap music being blasted from the $40k BMWs of the spoiled
rich kids around here who think they're "hardcore" because they've got the
latest album from 50 Cent.
Steve Grauman

BABY WANT BOOM BOOM Joscelin Car Audio 0 May 31st 04 07:09 AM
Two Headsets With Built In Boom Mics Connected To One Laptop Centigrade Tech 0 March 20th 04 11:03 PM
More incompetence - Custom Cars in Syracuse Mark Zarella Car Audio 13 November 27th 03 01:50 AM
source for Studio boom Stefan Garr Pro Audio 3 November 20th 03 05:20 PM