Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.pro
jeffontheleft jeffontheleft is offline

Default microphone cable building questions

So, here are my questions:

In the cable I'm working with one purple and one clear wire. Which is
positive and which is negative? Or does it matter so long as I'm
consistent....?

Which of the terminals 1, 2 or 3 in a female XLR connector is positive
and which is negative? Is the standard 1=G, 2=positive and
3=negative?

Which of the terminals in a female 1/4" connector is positive and
which is negative? The terminal in the position that corresponds to
'1' on the XLR seems to make contact at the ring and '2' at the tip.
Is it ring=negative, tip=positive?

So would it work out if I designated purple=positive, clear=negative,
and then linked the two connectors so that XLR 1--TRS G...XLR 2--
purple--TRS tip....XLR 3--clear-- TRS ring?

Thanks!