Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

Default Bought a new cell-phone/MP3 player, a Blackberry 8300

I know this does not EXACTLY fit the forum but as it has 8 gigs (mith
micro-SD card) of RAM and has now replaced my 4 gig Sansa as my MP3 player
in my car, it sort of fits as a car audio accesory.

I needed a new cell phone and I just decided to splurge and get a
Blackberry. It is the coolest little device I have ever owned. I used to
have a Palm years ago, but this makes that old thing look like a toy. It is
truly the dream I have predicted for years of a small device that can do
ADSOLUTELY EVERYTHING, it is basically a very small computer. I can surf
the Internet, send Emails, Bluetooth enabled, I can download countless
additional applications or games that fit my needs, it takes pictures, plays
videos, displays pictures, plays MP3's, is obviously an organizer, has a
large INCREDIBLY crystal clear screen, is easy to type on as it has a querty
type keypad, and, oh yes, is also a phone.

It is truly the device I have predicted for many years would eventually come
along. I can ditch my organizer, MP3 and video player, and old cell phone.

It is remarkable how small the device is (the screen takes up most of the
front) yet how feature packed it is. It is truly the future realized. The
ONLY feature the 8300 does not have is GPS capability which is fine for me
as I really have no need for such a feature (I've never had one in my car
either as I don't have a job that requires me to find addresses or any other
need to find places on the fly). Though the temptation was there to have
one that could do EVERYTHING a Blackberry is capable of, I just couldn't
rationalize the price increase for a feature I know I would never use.

Anyway, these things are VERY cool and as opposed to buying a new MP3 player
if you are syhopping for one, I would seriously consider looking into a
Blackberry instead. With micro SD cards now capable of 32 gigs, you could
put a VAST amount of media (movies, entire music collections, photos, ect.)
on one AND you would have a phone, organizer, games and other apps. and
camera.

Anyway, I'm tickled pink with mine. They are very intuative and extremelly
easy to use.

This (and others like it) are truly the future.

MOSFET