Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

Default I will not be drawn into your fantasy world

In article ,
"James Smith" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote :

I like you as well, James. Now please tell us about your 30 years in
the business.

Damn. I made a promise to myself that I would not talk about my work. That
is strictly off limits in a public forum like this (as is obvious to anybody
with any public exposure) so I am a very naughty boy for letting that slip
out. Now of course Jenn has launched a frenzied attack for further
information. Well, I do not want to see my name dropped idly into
conversation by a stick waving witch, who is living in fantasy world where
she is some seminal figure in the music business, when really what she is
known for is training people to wave twigs about, so I will not comply. (To
preempt lies to the contrary, I am not "very good friends" with Jenn. We've
never even met.)

Gee Jim, it's so "unlike" you to lie. What "frenzied attack"? As of
your post above, I've politely asked you about a statement which you
made, what... twice?

Jim, someone is going to start to believe that you lied about your
experience if you bug out in retreat.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

Default A Theory About Scott

In article ,
"James Smith" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote :

2. We're talking about art. The evaluations are subjective. We've
shown that here. How can one say that there is a "best"?

Easy. Simply complete a sentence of the form "The best is "

I don't believe that there is a "best" in artistic matters. I've been
quite clear on that point.

Here is an example.

The best guitarist in the world is Tommy Emmanuel.

He is certainly one of the best. An amazing player.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article
,
Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 4, 11:22*pm, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"
wrote:
On Oct 4, 12:43*am, Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 4, 12:20*am, Jenn wrote:

In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 3, 10:49*pm, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"
wrote:
On Oct 1, 5:46*pm, Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 1, 3:59*pm, George M. Middius
wrote:

Sacky burbled:

LOL!!!! That is what being a fawning sycophant is all
about!!!!

Um, no, Clyde, it isn't.

My dear SHhhh, yes it is

No, it's not.

yes it is

fawning·ly adv.
Synonyms: fawn1, apple-polish, bootlick, kowtow, slaver1, toady,
truckle
These verbs mean to curry favor by behaving obsequiously and
submissively: fawned on her superior; students apple-polishing
the
teacher; bootlicked to get a promotion; lawyers kowtowing to a
judge;
slavered over his rich uncle; toadying to members of the club;
nobles
truckling to the king.

syc·o·phant *(sk-fnt, sk-)
n.
A servile self-seeker who attempts to win favor by flattering
influential people.

Very good, Clyde. You can cut-and-paste as well as your stupid
friend
can.

Um, what will Jenn "get" from these people? That's the thread you
miss. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL!!!
then is she has nothing to gain then she has nothing to be afraid of
and she should comparatively
rank those players.
She is afraid that those frail ego luimnaries
will complain to the contractor that hires her.

You are so full of bull**** that it oozes from you. *You've jumped to a
massively bad conclusion. *Here's a concept that you obviously don't
understand: *Of the 8 guitarists I posted, 4 of them are very good
friends, and 2 others I know pretty well. *Perhaps it's not true for
you, but in my life and in my business, it's considered impolite to
rank
the talents of your friends and colleagues like they were entrees at a
restaurant. *If I have critical words for then, as I sometimes do, they
are offered in private, where it is appropriate to do so.

FINE!!!
Then don't give us your sugarcoated bull**** opinions of these people,

Why not? And why don't you jump on 2pid for "giving us" his massively
stupid political opinions?

Jenn's opinions are at least audio-related. 2pid's aren't.

**** off, drunk. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jenn's opinions about her acquaintances are totally worthless,
she admits she can't tell us what she really thinks about them.

False. I choose not to.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article
,
"Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!" wrote:

On Oct 3, 11:20*pm, Jenn wrote:
In article
,

wrote:

[...]

Your either a coward or a fawning sycophant Jneenen.

Clyde said so.

I'm also a witch, note.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article ,
"James Smith" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote :

[My idol] worked on albums by all of the Beatles except Lennon. Can
you
imagine the studios hiring someone who they don't consider to be the
best?

Yes.

Why would they?

If you think studios only hire "the best" then you are clearly bonkers. A
whole slew of factors conspire. For example (a minor example but one of
many) nepotism is fairly common in the business.

I'm sure that nepotism plays some small role.

One of many factors isn't it. So you too "can imagine the studios hiring
someone they don't consider to be the best". Funny, I thought you took the
ridiculous position that that was impossible!

But if you can't cut the
book as well as someone else, few contractors are going to risk their
livelihoods for those reasons.

In Jenn's imaginary world, all music biz folk **** themselves immediately
when presented with any risk and refuse to take any risk (for example to
maximize creativity). Sure. Right. That's Hollywood, that is.

Some credits ['of my idol Laurence Jubor']:
lots of Disney (Pocahantas, etc.)

LOL!

Are you kidding me? Every professional guitarist in LA would love that
credit.

Bull****.

The lie Jenn repeated here five times is that Jenn knows the motivations
of
ALL professional musicians residing in LA area and can speak on behalf of
all said musicians. Horse****. Jenn waves a twig around for a living, she
is
on the periphery at most. And just because Jenn lusts after money or
credits
or some association with proper musicians, it does not follow that all
pro
guitarists in the LA area are all shallow individuals who will all turn
any
trick without any regard to their musical orientation, beliefs, and
motivations.

Your lack of knowledge on the topic is stunning, but not surprising.

Yet more of that arrogance and egotism.

OK, I overstated when saying "every professional guitarist". Guys that
play in bars on the occasional weekends and would therefore qualify as
professionals might not care about being fulltime pros and therefore
wouldn't value a Disney credit on their resume, for example. Neither
would Slash or Van Halen or other famous rock players. The people I'm
speaking of are people just making a living, live and recorded, paying
into the pension fund, supporting their families, just folks in the
neighborhood kind of people.

So you admit you were completely wrong and lying when you said :
"Every professional guitarist in LA would love [a disney cartoon] credit."

I admitted that I overstated my case, yes. Rock star types wouldn't
care, for example.

And if you don't think that the people who
get studio calls everyday are world-class players, you simply don't know
what you're talking about.

Right. Some of them are worlds best at painting by numbers!

So, what is your alleged music business experience that you spoke of?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article
,
Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 4, 2:36*am, Jenn wrote:
In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 4, 12:20*am, Jenn wrote:
In article
,

wrote:

[...]

I've not said anything about them that I don't believe. *There was
nothing 'sugarcoated'. *I hope that you can understand that, but I doubt
that.

We already know that you won't say anything that could
be construed as the least bit critical, in fear of offending
your thin skinnned friends and professional
acquaintances,

No, it's a matter of professionalism.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article
,
ScottW2 wrote:

On Oct 3, 9:33*pm, Jenn wrote:
In article
,

*ScottW2 wrote:
On Oct 2, 11:31*pm, Jenn wrote:
In article ,
*"James Smith" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote :

Juber is not a world class guitatrist, whatever that vague
phrase
might mean. I have seen much better.
He is competent, but not musical.
Htere were others *posting here at that time who agreed.

Thanks for your opinion. *I suppose that the Hollywood
contractors
are
simply wrong.

We only have your assertion that Jubby is the most sought after
session
guitarist in the world.

I didn't say that, but close enough. *If you don't believe me, call
the
contractors. *Or go to Local 47 and check the date books. *Knock
yourself out.

No. You claim that your pen pal is the worlds greatest living
guitarist.

No, I've never said that.

You
prove it!

That's pretty hard to do if you don't want to check with the union or
look at the date books. *Why don't you ring up the major contractors in
LA and ask them? *Do you know who they are?

Let's get something straight here right now : Hollywood contracts
are
no
measure of talent.

lol *Let's just say it's a pretty good indication.

No. Let's say that you say that, but you do not have the authority to
do
so.
In fact, the most revered guitarists in rock music history just give
up
being regular session musicians once they have public recognition.
Why
would
they compromise their art when they don't NEED to? Jubbles bucks that
trend.
Obviously, he can't shift enough Jubble-product.

lol *Your depth of ignorance is huge. *The "most revered guitarists in
rock music history" aren't qualified to play the sessions that I'm
speaking of. *You probably don't understand why.

*I have no idea what goes on in selecting "session players" over
others.
Probably little different than any other job search where who you know
is
often as important as what you know.

But I do have an opinion on an aspect raised early in the discussion.
Juber certainly shows he has all the chops to play great guitar.
In session gigs he executes what someone else creatively directs.
His execution may be as flawless as anyone, I don't really know.

But when left relying on his own creativeness in the bits Jenn has
provided,
he gets a bit embroiled in demonstrating technical prowess which
doesn't lend itself
to creating that musical emotion that moves me.
It's amazing guitar playing but it isn't amazing music to me.

Stephen mentioned that the level of appreciation for his prowess
increases
with the level of musical training. *I have no doubt thats true.
Musicians
playing for other musicians seem to be into this "look what I can do"
playing.
But technical prowess doesn't automatically equal music that touches
people emotionally. *I don't know who said it...but I read/heard that
it's often the note
not played that moves us most. *I agree completely.

Marc mentioned he like GYBE. *Their music is not technically
complicated
at all for the individual musicians. It's this layered minimalism that
starts slowly and simply but is built up into an intricate pattern
that can be deeply moving to some or just dark and depressing to
others.
But I don't hear any serious chops in any of the individual players
and if they did show it...it would be out of place and detrimental to
the music.

Anyway, I don't care if Jenn wants to be a fawning sycophant or not.
It's her priviledge to know these people and while the occasional name-
dropping
may be as much about her and who she knows rather than the people
she knows, *it's not as totally RAO centric as most of the BS going
on here.

ScottW

I quite agree with you that the simplest, most heartfelt music is
usually the most effective. *One of my favorite guitar performances of
all time is the Ed Gerhard arrangement of The Water is Wide that I
posted. *I listen to it, and I play it quite often.

A beautiful piece. Perfect for ending the night and turning out
the lights .

*LJ, for example,
plays quite often in that way. *Did you listen to his arrangement of In
My Life that I took the time to post?

I did and I listened to a few more on you tube.
One was in his home studio and I'd suggest my primary complaint
isn't his playing but the guitar/pickup/recording.

Gerhardt appears to be pure accoustic with a close mic.

That was a video of a radio show. His normal concert set-up is three
pickups: one under saddle, one under soundboard, and one little mic
inside the instrument.

Is this Jubar in his home?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi7gDs2GpJA

Nope.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article
,
Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 4, 2:16*pm, Jenn wrote:
On Oct 4, 8:52*am, ScottW2 wrote:

On Oct 3, 9:33*pm, Jenn wrote:

In article
,

*ScottW2 wrote:
On Oct 2, 11:31*pm, Jenn wrote:
In article ,
*"James Smith" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote :

[...]

This recording is bit harsh with peaks in a couple of spots and the
low E
seems to saturate occasionally as compared to the Gerhardt piece.
Give his playing a perception of little heavy on some strings IMO.

*There are many online videos of
him playing in that fashion, sad to say. *If you wish, I'll send links
to some more audio files. *But, whatever... *I try to remember this
lesson and not bring any more musical performances to this group.

Like I said, don't get carried away. Next thing you know we'll all
only
be posting what Marc says is ok and that would be too boring
to tolerate.

ScottW

I'm on the road and writing via phone so I can't answer all the posts
now but no, that is not LJ playing. That player plays more like my
level. If you want to hear LJ play that arrangement follow the link I
provided earlier.

then your level is pretty darn good.

Thanks.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article
,
Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 4, 11:26*am, Boon wrote:

Like I said, I chase away people who are here to attack others or to
spam the group. Art is chasing away someone who is a musician, a
teacher and who contributes to the group in a positve way, If you
can't tell the difference, then you're even more stupid than I
suspected. Or, you're just a liar. And I've already caught you in a
couple of lies today.

I don't want to chase her away.
But i have the right to be critical of her when I think she deserves
it.
If she is so thin skinned and egotistical that
she would decide to leave, so be it.

I don't want to be like her, too scared to offend a friend
by saying anything the least bit critical or analytical.

Oh, I'll analyze if you would like me to.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article
,
ScottW2 wrote:

On Oct 3, 7:47*pm, Jenn wrote:
In article
,

*ScottW2 wrote:
On Oct 3, 4:40*pm, George M. Middius wrote:
Witlessmongrel Jr. yapped:

My comment is that you and Dickie labeling Jenn a "sycophant" was
irrational
and not supported by any real evidence. (I do make allowances for
the
warpage of reality that occurs when you get tanked.)

Like I said, you commented on it.

It doesn't exist. Is that a "comment", or do you want to sober up?

*Why are you and Jenn so into denying your own words?

ScottW

I'm not denying my words. *Not even close.

This is the kind of stuff that spirals the argument.
You did exactly that with your blame the victim
comments on Mary Jo and you denied them to Art
in this thread.

False. I neither blamed Mary Jo for anything other than lack of good
judgement if TK was drinking and she got in the car with him. I denied
"them" what to Art?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article
,
Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 4, 10:49*am, ScottW2 wrote:
On Oct 3, 9:21*pm, Jenn wrote:

In article
,

wrote:

[...]

False.

*I think the motive for holding her toungue is slightly different than
job opportunity
though they may toss her a bone from time to time.

I think it two fold - Public criticism from Jenn as a professional
would be in somewhat bad form as these folks talent as guitarists are
on a plane she can only aspire to. *She's not really in a position to
criticize and accepting that is
more a credit to her than a criticism.

Then no guitar player can say anything critical of any guitar player
on a higher plane, that is ridiculous.

Have you ever read or heard Clapton critiquing another player?

You dabble in guitar,

Yes, I dabble. I make about 1/4 of my teaching income teaching the
instrument, and I play about 5 concerts a year these days, and about 15
weddings or other "causuals". Friday night I played a political
gathering (a "meet and greet"), for example. An hour's worth of
playing; good practice and a little money.

i guess
that means that you can't critically compare two greats,
say Clapton vs Beck.

I can compare their playing, but I wouldn't rank them.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article ,
"ScottW" wrote:

On Oct 4, 9:30 am, Clyde Slick wrote:
On Oct 4, 10:49 am, ScottW2 wrote:

I think the motive for holding her toungue is slightly different than
job opportunity
though they may toss her a bone from time to time.

I think it two fold - Public criticism from Jenn as a professional
would be in somewhat bad form as these folks talent as guitarists are
on a plane she can only aspire to. She's not really in a position to
criticize and accepting that is
more a credit to her than a criticism.

Then no guitar player can say anything critical of any guitar player
on a higher plane, that is ridiculous. You dabble in guitar, i guess
that means that you can't critically compare two greats,
say Clapton vs Beck.

LoL. I'd say your right. I can't critically compare them.
I can only state my preference. If I have to choose
I lean toward Beck only because Cause We've Ended as Lovers
migrates in and out of my favorite playlists.

Even if I would grant your point, if Jenn can't be expected to say
anytthing critical or comparative, she should just keep
quiet about them and spaqre us the sugarcoating.

I'd rather have the sugarcoating

It's not "sugarcoating".
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article ,
"ScottW" wrote:

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message
On Oct 4, 10:49 am, ScottW2 wrote:
On Oct 3, 9:21 pm, Jenn wrote:

In article
,

wrote:

[...]

Others critique is the price anyone who plays professionally is
subject.
It goes with the territory.
I've always wondered why the opinions of critics are so valued by
the pros or the masses.

The other piece is the personal relationship part. It's an investment
to protect and I don't really blame her for it. It's too bad, but
discussing friends and personal relationships on usenet is probably
not the greatest idea.
Some people will turn around and start talking crap about your wife
etc.

I can see that point. So, she should just not say anything. Spare
us her sugarcoating

So Art's point is valid, there is a big caveat of probable bias around
your comments re your friends work. Owning up to that is what you
should do as denial is not a viable option.

I'm sure no one wants you to stop bringing up your experiences,
acquaintances etc.
It diversifies the conversation and few others are bringing up new
things.

:She should just stop telling us how great they are.

Why? It's her opinion, you've pointed out the bias of it but it's still her
opinion and she has a right to it.

:She kept
:doing that about Juber, and when she gave us some you tube links
:some months back, each of the performnces were flawed to
:a very noticable degree (remember his dreadful Layla?). then,
:a few days ago she gave us a few more flawed performances.
:One thing about Juber I can say, he sure knows how to BANG
ut a tune!

I wonder if that's a function of the recording as much as his playing.
Hard to tell. Anyway, Jubar is definitely skilled if your (or my) favorite.

Peter Sprague plays in Quail Gardens often. Beautiful outdoor intimate
setting.
We go when we can.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6NXHZScgX8

ScottW

Nice jazzy player.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article ,
"James Smith" wrote:

Worse still if they can't even remember who you are.

Lordy, you're a petty little tick. Knock yourself out: Get the union
book and call LJ, Ed, Doug, and Pete and ask them about me. Be prepared
to be written off as an internet loon, but they will tell you that they
know me. [shrug]
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On Oct 5, 12:40*am, Jenn wrote:
In article
,

wrote:
On Oct 4, 12:43*am, Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 4, 12:20*am, Jenn wrote:

In article
,

wrote:

[...]

can't, won't, no matter.
your opinions regarding your friends and professional
acquaintances are worthless, since you can't/won't
tell us anything that can in the least be construed
as analytical, comparative, or negative.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On Oct 5, 12:47*am, Jenn wrote:
In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 4, 2:36*am, Jenn wrote:
In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 4, 12:20*am, Jenn wrote:
In article
,

wrote:

[...]

Then your "professional" opinions and evaluations,
'such as they are, are vacuous and worthless, you might
as well kepp quiet about them,
continuing your sugar coated oohs and aahs
just makes you llook bad.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On Oct 5, 1:02*am, Jenn wrote:
In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 4, 11:26*am, Boon wrote:

Like I said, I chase away people who are here to attack others or to
spam the group. Art is chasing away someone who is a musician, a
teacher and who contributes to the group in a positve way, If you
can't tell the difference, then you're even more stupid than I
suspected. Or, you're just a liar. And I've already caught you in a
couple of lies today.

I don't want to chase her away.
But i have the right to be critical of her when I think she deserves
it.
If she is so thin skinned and egotistical that
she would decide to leave, so be it.

I don't want to be like her, too scared to offend a friend
by saying anything the least bit critical or analytical.

Oh, I'll analyze if you would like me to.

Analyze the performances on those youtube links from a few days ago.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On Oct 5, 1:13*am, Jenn wrote:
In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 4, 10:49*am, ScottW2 wrote:
On Oct 3, 9:21*pm, Jenn wrote:

In article
,

wrote:

[...]

He doesn't post a bunch of oohs and aaahs
about his buddied.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On Oct 5, 1:14*am, Jenn wrote:
In article ,

*"ScottW" wrote:
[...]

sure ut us, ita all the good, and witholding
of any critique.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article
,
Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 5, 1:13*am, Jenn wrote:
In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 4, 10:49*am, ScottW2 wrote:
On Oct 3, 9:21*pm, Jenn wrote:

In article
,

wrote:

[...]

Sure he does. He speaks highly of several players quite often. Read
his book.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article
,
Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 5, 1:02*am, Jenn wrote:
In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 4, 11:26*am, Boon wrote:

Like I said, I chase away people who are here to attack others or to
spam the group. Art is chasing away someone who is a musician, a
teacher and who contributes to the group in a positve way, If you
can't tell the difference, then you're even more stupid than I
suspected. Or, you're just a liar. And I've already caught you in a
couple of lies today.

I don't want to chase her away.
But i have the right to be critical of her when I think she deserves
it.
If she is so thin skinned and egotistical that
she would decide to leave, so be it.

I don't want to be like her, too scared to offend a friend
by saying anything the least bit critical or analytical.

Oh, I'll analyze if you would like me to.

Analyze the performances on those youtube links from a few days ago.

Yes Sir. Later today.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article
,
Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 5, 12:47*am, Jenn wrote:
In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 4, 2:36*am, Jenn wrote:
In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 4, 12:20*am, Jenn wrote:
In article
,

wrote:

[...]

As I said, I won't be any more music here.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article

,

Jenn wrote:

In article
,
Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 5, 12:47*am, Jenn wrote:
In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 4, 2:36*am, Jenn wrote:
In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 4, 12:20*am, Jenn wrote:
In article

,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 3, 10:49*pm, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Correction: As I said, I won't be posting any more music here.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On Oct 5, 11:48*am, Jenn wrote:
In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 5, 1:13*am, Jenn wrote:
In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 4, 10:49*am, ScottW2 wrote:
On Oct 3, 9:21*pm, Jenn wrote:

In article
,

wrote:

[...]

I will wait for him to post it.
he doesn't post a bunch of oooh's and aah's about his buddies, YOU DO!
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On Oct 5, 11:49*am, Jenn wrote:
In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 5, 1:02*am, Jenn wrote:
In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 4, 11:26*am, Boon wrote:

Like I said, I chase away people who are here to attack others or to
spam the group. Art is chasing away someone who is a musician, a
teacher and who contributes to the group in a positve way, If you
can't tell the difference, then you're even more stupid than I
suspected. Or, you're just a liar. And I've already caught you in a
couple of lies today.

I don't want to chase her away.
But i have the right to be critical of her when I think she deserves
it.
If she is so thin skinned and egotistical that
she would decide to leave, so be it.

I don't want to be like her, too scared to offend a friend
by saying anything the least bit critical or analytical.

Oh, I'll analyze if you would like me to.

Analyze the performances on those youtube links from a few days ago.

Yes Sir. *Later today.

Thank you Ma'am.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article
,
Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 5, 11:48*am, Jenn wrote:
In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 5, 1:13*am, Jenn wrote:
In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 4, 10:49*am, ScottW2 wrote:
On Oct 3, 9:21*pm, Jenn wrote:

In article

,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 3, 10:49*pm, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

He certainly does.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_3_] Jenn[_3_] is offline

On Oct 5, 12:39*pm, Clyde Slick wrote:
On Oct 5, 11:49*am, Jenn wrote:

In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 5, 1:02*am, Jenn wrote:
In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 4, 11:26*am, Boon wrote:

[...]

Doug Smith:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpsUUC4yKn8

"Renewal", an original tune of his. DADGAD tuning. Two weeks after
this video, he won the National Fingerstyle Guitar Championship, so he
was in great shape. Goodall Jumbo guitar, light strings. More or
less ABA form. Nearly flawless playing. He hit a fret around 3:59.
Beautiful feel to this tune; his "Greatest Hit". The bass line is not
too interesting, otherwise a fine composition.

Ed Gerhard:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdf4AEHxH0o

"The Water is Wide", his arrangement. This is his "signature" tune.
I can't find fault with either the arrangement or this performance.
Beautifully felt, as always. Just the right amount of space and time,
great dynamic control. Breedlove "Ed Gerhart Signature" guitar, jumbo
thin body. Great bass, otherwise, not may favorite sound. This is a
video of a radio show, "Woodsongs Radio Hour".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUQg5ln6W_U

Ed again. Same radio show. This is an original tune, "Little Road".
This is basically "Travis picking" which he doesn't do that often.
The style shows his interest in "Americana" music, blues tinged. Nice
bass line integration. Not my favorite tune of his; a bit too
repetitive, IMO.

Tony McManus:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfi4ZYETa84

The best Celtic style player I've ever heard. Amazing "rolls" by the
right hand. "Authentic" performance...all the parts going: fiddle,
bass, pipe drone. Can't fault it.

Al Petteway:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ5x_...eature=related
(if you are watching the PBS National Parks series, you hear this
several times)

Original tune, DADGAD tuning. Amazing light tone. Very expressive in
its simplicity. I would have preferred more time before the
transition around 1:12.

Andy McKee:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSnWhsmlGec

Really nice playing. This style is not what his is best known for
(he's a "tapper: see
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ddn4M...ature=related). Nice
tune, an original. Great sound; only studio sound of the bunch. I
prefer more melody. One of the problems in contemporary fingerstyle
guitar is that the melody is often lost in an attempt to get a lot of
difference stuff going, overcoming the instrumment's inherent tendency
toward monochromatism. Nice, enjoyable tune to listen to.

Tommy Emmanuel:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_zPXtaGTQs

Great original tune, not in his signature style, which is far more
aggressive and loud. Standard tuning, Matan guitar with LOTS of EQ.
Tune was inspired by Lewis and Clark College in Portland, while he was
there to do Mark Hanson's wonderful summer seminar, which I do almost
every summer now. Just lovely. Getting that "open tuning" sound that
he gets here in standard tuning is so hard. Flawless performance.
Great compositional use of the N6 chord.

Pete Huttlinger:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MOAzcuwtcU

Simply amazing. Fun to listen, nearly impossible to play. He's a
fantastic arranger. One of the best set of chops in the business,
along with Tommy and LJ. Nearly flawless (just a couple of fret hits,
but who cares?!) The little modulatory section near the middle is
super creative, and helps keep the listener's interest by breaking up
the repetition. Collings guitar, light strings.

Laurence Juber:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHQci4YtYF8

"It's Only a Paper Moon", LJ's arrangement, after the Benny Goodman
Big Band arrangement from the 1930s. Standard tuning, GHS LJ
Signature "True Medium" strings, Martin LJ Signature Model OMC-28,
this one in the about to be released maple back and sides. LJ tries
in this arrangement (his encore tune) to get the frenzy of the 30s big
band style, including "shout chorus", trombone section glissandos,
etc. He nails it. Again, fun to listen to (listen to the audience
reaction) and next to impossible to play. He hits about 2 frets, but
as in Pete, who cares at this pace?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7P4W...eature=related

"Stolen Glances", and LJ original, often his concert opener. Not the
most inspired performance of it; this tune often STARTS the concert
off with a standing ovation, but this one is a little "flat", IMO.
DADGAD tuning. This guitar is the LJ Martin signature with Madagascar
Rosewood back and sides. At this point, LJ was using a DTar soundhole
pickup, which he no longer uses. Lots of energy in this tune with an
emphasis on the rhythm, but you still get the melody.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article
,
ScottW2 wrote:

On Oct 4, 10:05*pm, Jenn wrote:
In article
,

*ScottW2 wrote:
On Oct 3, 7:47*pm, Jenn wrote:
In article
,

wrote:
[...]

Mary Jo was the victim.

Yes, she was.

You blame her.

No, I don't. I said that she showed lack of good judgement and carries
some responsibility for her fate, if TK was drunk and she got in the car
with him knowing that. I surprised that you would disagree with that.

*I denied
"them" what to Art?

them words.

Because as you did above, he twisted the meaning of what I said.

ScottW

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Jenn said:

You blame her.

No, I don't. I said that she showed lack of good judgement and carries
some responsibility for her fate, if TK was drunk and she got in the car
with him knowing that.

That's too complicated for Scottie. Remember, he barely learned how to hold
it in until walkies time.

*I denied
"them" what to Art?

them words.

Because as you did above, he twisted the meaning of what I said.

I think you should give Witless a break here. He's not twisting your words
in the sense an ideologue or debating-trader might. He's trying to whack,
hack, and smack your thought into a form he can assimilate without conjuring
a huge headache. If the results of Scottie's manipulations don't meet your
standards of communication, I suggest you just shake your head in pity.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Witless barked:

Because as you did above, he twisted the meaning of what I said.

Maybe you didn't mean what you said. I'm ok with that too.

See, Jenn? Toldyaso.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article
,
ScottW2 wrote:

On Oct 5, 2:20*pm, Jenn wrote:
In article
,

*ScottW2 wrote:
On Oct 4, 10:05*pm, Jenn wrote:
In article
,

*ScottW2 wrote:
On Oct 3, 7:47*pm, Jenn wrote:
In article
,

wrote:
[...]

You agreed when Shhtard called her practically a "co-conspirator".

No, I didn't.

*I said that she showed lack of good judgement and carries
some responsibility for her fate,

So she gets some of the blame.

Blame? No, I wouldn't say it that way. The accident wasn't her fault.
I never said that it was.

if TK was drunk and she got in the car
with him knowing that. *I surprised that you would disagree with that.

Wasn't Kennedy her boss?

I don't know. But how would that matter? If my boss is drunk, I
wouldn't get in a car with her.

**I denied
"them" what to Art?

them words.

Because as you did above, he twisted the meaning of what I said.

Maybe you didn't mean what you said. I'm ok with that too.

I meant what I said.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On Oct 5, 11:48*am, Jenn wrote:
In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 5, 1:13*am, Jenn wrote:
In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 4, 10:49*am, ScottW2 wrote:
On Oct 3, 9:21*pm, Jenn wrote:

In article
,

wrote:

[...]

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On Oct 5, 11:48*am, Jenn wrote:
In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 5, 1:13*am, Jenn wrote:
In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 4, 10:49*am, ScottW2 wrote:
On Oct 3, 9:21*pm, Jenn wrote:

In article
,

wrote:

[...]

he doesn't post anything here, i don't see him chiming in with
vapid sugarcoated meaningless praise.
If you want to be like him, write a book, get a publisher,
]and see how many copies you can sell.
In the meantime, I would be more interested in your critical
and comparative analyses. I would much rather read that
than your worthless and useless sugarcoated nothing
bu praises for your friends.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On Oct 5, 11:52*am, Jenn wrote:
In article

,

*Jenn wrote:
In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 5, 12:47*am, Jenn wrote:
In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 4, 2:36*am, Jenn wrote:
In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 4, 12:20*am, Jenn wrote:
In article

,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 3, 10:49*pm, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

LOL!!! not only will you not give us honest commentary
about these performances, you won't even post any more links because
you don't want to see anyone else say anything the least
bit derogatory about your friends.
What a thin skinned ******* you are!!!!!
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On Oct 5, 5:08*pm, ScottW2 wrote:
On Oct 5, 2:30*pm, George M. Middius wrote:

Jenn said:

[...]

Typical we-minded argument when the facts don't help the ideologue.

It's hard to know what facts you're trying to state when you're so
inept at expressing yourself in a written format. You also fail quite
consistently at understanding what people say to you. Unless you
accept those two facts, you're wasting everyone's time.

Anyway, as part of the "we-minded" group.....uh you are part of that
group aren't you?.....you're not allowed to participate in OT spam.

You're certainly eager to be submissive. You often mistake opinions
for declarations. Again, it's kind of difficult to interact with
someone who can't overcome these obstacles.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On Oct 5, 1:39*pm, ScottW2 wrote:
On Oct 5, 8:52*am, Jenn wrote:

In article

,

*Jenn wrote:
In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 5, 12:47*am, Jenn wrote:
In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 4, 2:36*am, Jenn wrote:
In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 4, 12:20*am, Jenn wrote:
In article

,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 3, 10:49*pm, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

*Don't be a wus. *If nobody posted anything someone didn't agree
with...the place would be deader than dead.

*You have Art's opinion on the value of your opinion in this area.
But letting his opinion affect your posts, especially when you don't
agree with his opinion, is, IMO, being a wus.

*ScottW

this is what the rest of them can't see.
I DO value her opinions, as long as they are honest.
She is the one refusing to give them.
I want her opinion as which if those performances
are better or worse than any other of those performances,
'i.e., her opinion of the rank order.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On Oct 5, 3:39*pm, Jenn wrote:
In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 5, 11:48*am, Jenn wrote:
In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 5, 1:13*am, Jenn wrote:
In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 4, 10:49*am, ScottW2 wrote:
On Oct 3, 9:21*pm, Jenn wrote:

In article

,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 3, 10:49*pm, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

refer me to his posts here. Maybe that is the true identity of the
mysterious Shhh!

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Boon said:

Anyway, as part of the "we-minded" group.....uh you are part of that
group aren't you?.....you're not allowed to participate in OT spam.

You're certainly eager to be submissive. You often mistake opinions
for declarations. Again, it's kind of difficult to interact with
someone who can't overcome these obstacles.

Wait ... did Witless try to "suppress my differing POV"? How faschissttic of
him. I feel oppressed because a moron declared my mockery verboten.

BTW, Witless, I agree with the "we" vs. "you" rubric. Your orbit is a
solitary one indeed.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article
,
Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 5, 3:39*pm, Jenn wrote:
In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 5, 11:48*am, Jenn wrote:
In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 5, 1:13*am, Jenn wrote:
In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 4, 10:49*am, ScottW2 wrote:
On Oct 3, 9:21*pm, Jenn wrote:

In article

.com
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 3, 10:49*pm, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Good debate trade noted. The issue is how to musicians generally speak
about each other in public. You don't hear Clapton or others rating the
comparative skills of other musicians.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article
,
Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 5, 11:52*am, Jenn wrote:
In article

,

*Jenn wrote:
In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 5, 12:47*am, Jenn wrote:
In article
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 4, 2:36*am, Jenn wrote:
In article

,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 4, 12:20*am, Jenn
wrote:
In article

.com
,
*Clyde Slick wrote:

On Oct 3, 10:49*pm, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Don't forget; I'm also a witch.

Clyde, when are you going to get off your high horse and just accept
what I've said as the truth? I'm not going to rank those players,
neither my friends nor those I don't know, like some entrants in a pig
race at the county fair because, 1. It's not considered professional
behavior in my business. Perhaps that's not true in your business, but
it's true in mine. Additionally, I don't find a lot to be "derogatory"
about concerning the performances that I posted. That's why I posted
them.

That I'm not inclined to post more links has nothing to do with what you
or anyone else might say about them. Your opinions are your own, and
you are welcome to them. That's one of the cool things about art.

You're embarrassing yourself. You should follow James' lead and drop it.