Posted to rec.audio.opinion
BretLudwig BretLudwig is offline

Default Building the Superior Tube Amplifier

A large number of square stamped pans nearly perfect in size to build a
monoblock tube amplifier are being turned out by one of the large burger
chains as they change their equipment out. They are stainless steel and of
pretty good thickness. Restaurant supply outfits have them for a couple
dollars apiece. My source won't say which chain but I suspect Wendy's.

They have a raised rolled lip that will take a cover by sliding on, and
the sides have a nice rebate that will make a good front and rear panel in
either orientation.

--
Message posted using http://www.talkaboutaudio.com/group/rec.audio.opinion/
More information at http://www.talkaboutaudio.com/faq.html

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes
[email protected] suckerton2@gmx.us is offline

On Nov 18, 5:17 pm, "BretLudwig" wrote:
A large number of square stamped pans nearly perfect in size to build a
monoblock tube amplifier are being turned out by one of the large burger
chains as they change their equipment out. They are stainless steel and of
pretty good thickness. Restaurant supply outfits have them for a couple
dollars apiece. My source won't say which chain but I suspect Wendy's.

They have a raised rolled lip that will take a cover by sliding on, and
the sides have a nice rebate that will make a good front and rear panel in
either orientation.

I've had great success with the rectangular sterilizer trays used by
a lot of VA hospitals. They have a sliding cover that locks and a
bottom that is heavy gauge perf, like old microwave oven door screens.
They are a nonmagnetic stainless steel or some alloy like K-Monel.
Unfortunately unless they're completely trashed, they aren't surplus-
they're stolen. I found that out after building several S-Line power
supplies on them. They're well over $100 new apiece and they last 40+
years.

I liked your suggestion of automatic transmission oil pans until I
went to look for some. Most are too small or have a weird shape.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes
Jon Yaeger Jon Yaeger is offline

in article
,
at wrote on 11/22/08 2:49 AM:

[...]

Spend $129 and buy a painted chassis from me, designed just for
tube-o-philes. No nasty staph germs waiting inside:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Deluxe-New-Tube-...ssis_W0QQitemZ
170161438267QQihZ007QQcategoryZ50593QQcmdZView

- Garage Trader

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes
Andre Jute[_2_] Andre Jute[_2_] is offline

On Nov 22, 3:57*pm, Jon Yaeger wrote:
in article
,
at wrote on 11/22/08 2:49 AM:

[...]

http://cgi.ebay.com/Deluxe-New-Tube-...ier-Chassis_W0...

- Garage Trader

Promoted yourself, have you, Yaeger? Last time I heard you were
"Garage Vermin".

Andre Jute
The RAT is The Paradigm
Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes
Peter Wieck Peter Wieck is offline

On Nov 23, 9:29*am, Andre Jute wrote:

Promoted yourself, have you, Yaeger? Last time I heard you were
"Garage Vermin".

Perhaps he has, Andre. However you will always look up to him - that
will never change.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes

Worthless Wiecky's perverted thing for toobs has taken over his
'personality'.

Promoted yourself, have you, Yaeger? Last time I heard you were
"Garage Vermin".

Perhaps he has, Andre. However you will always look up to him - that
will never change.

You're supposed to lick the dildo first and then use it for stimulation. See
what happens when you do it backwards? Everything tastes like ****.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes
Jon Yaeger Jon Yaeger is offline

I knew that little bit of self-promotion would flush you out of hiding, like
a flashlight does to a roach. Now where, pray tell, is your sycophant West?

Jon

In article
, Andre
Jute at

[...]

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes
Andre Jute[_2_] Andre Jute[_2_] is offline

On Nov 23, 3:41*pm, George M. Middius
wrote:
Worthless Wiecky's perverted thing for toobs has taken over his
'personality'.

Promoted yourself, have you, Yaeger? Last time I heard you were
"Garage Vermin".

Perhaps he has, Andre. However you will always look up to him - that
will never change.

You're supposed to lick the dildo first and then use it for stimulation. See
what happens when you do it backwards? Everything tastes like ****.

Someone should donate a mains-operated dildo to Worthless Wiecky, self-
declared "repair hack".

You made my day, George.

AJ
Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes
Peter Wieck Peter Wieck is offline

On Nov 23, 12:22*pm, Andre Jute wrote:

You made my day, George.

To have your day made so easily conveys volumes about your life... .

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes

Andre Jute said:

Worthless Wiecky's perverted thing for toobs has taken over his
'personality'.

Promoted yourself, have you, Yaeger? Last time I heard you were
"Garage Vermin".

Perhaps he has, Andre. However you will always look up to him - that
will never change.

You're supposed to lick the dildo first and then use it for stimulation. See
what happens when you do it backwards? Everything tastes like ****.

Someone should donate a mains-operated dildo to Worthless Wiecky, self-
declared "repair hack".

You made my day, George.

That's what follows from wanton cross-posting.

You might be interested to learn how Wiecky spends his offline time.
Sometimes he waddles down to the park and prances around nearly naked:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/101/2...f5f30c.jpg?v=0

See that blotch on his left thigh? Looks like an attempted hickey gone way
overboard.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes

Worthless pouts and sulks.

You made my day, George.

To have your day made so easily conveys volumes about your life... .

Are you suggesting everybody should be as miserable as you?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes
Peter Wieck Peter Wieck is offline

On Nov 23, 1:16*pm, George M. Middius
wrote:

[...]