Posted to rec.audio.opinion
BretLudwig BretLudwig is offline

Default Somali Pirates Attack Again. And Again.

Make foreign flag vessel nations actively defend the tubs they flag and
put up a bond to ensure it's done right as a condition of entering US
ports.

Punish feminized,effete-minded nations that don't allow their sailors to
carry and use weapons to defeat boarders.

Issue letters of marque and reprisal as put forth in the United States
constitution.

Actively defend men who board pirate-seized ships and _summarily execute_
the pirates. Summary execution and feeding to sharks will cause would be
pirates to think.

--
Message posted using http://www.talkaboutaudio.com/group/rec.audio.opinion/
More information at http://www.talkaboutaudio.com/faq.html

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon Boon is offline

On Nov 18, 3:43�pm, "BretLudwig" wrote:
�Make foreign flag vessel nations actively defend the tubs they flag and
put up a bond to ensure it's done right as a condition of entering US
ports.

�Punish feminized,effete-minded nations that don't allow their sailors to
carry and use weapons to defeat boarders.

�Issue letters of marque and reprisal as put forth in the United States
constitution.

�Actively defend men who board pirate-seized ships and _summarily execute_
the pirates. Summary execution and feeding to sharks will cause would be
pirates to think.

Wow. I'm going to have to totally agree with you here. There's a
first for everything.

In this day and age, it amazes me that this should be a problem when
the solution is so simple. You send out some decoy ships and arm them
to the teeth. Pirates pull up in their little motorboat. Ten soldiers
appear on deck with RPGs and blast them into outer space. Do this
three or four times...no more pirates off the Horn of Africa.

Boon
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Signal[_2_] Signal[_2_] is offline

Boon wrote:

[...]

The pirates are also armed with RPGs!

There are numerous warships in the Indian Ocean trying to tackle this
problem right now.. but that doesn't deter the pirates, and the range
they cover is so large these ships can't police it.

--
S i g n a l @ l i n e o n e . n e t
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Signal said:

There are numerous warships in the Indian Ocean trying to tackle this
problem right now.. but that doesn't deter the pirates, and the range
they cover is so large these ships can't police it.

It's all kind of mysterious to me too. The easiest way to get rid of
boarders is to wash them overboard with high-pressure hoses. The shippers
could also reinforce the bridges like the airlines did with the pilots'
cabins.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Nov 19, 6:49*pm, George M. Middius
wrote:
Signal said:

There are numerous warships in the Indian Ocean trying to tackle this
problem right now.. but that doesn't deter the pirates, and the range
they cover is so large these ships can't police it.

It's all kind of mysterious to me too. The easiest way to get rid of
boarders is to wash them overboard with high-pressure hoses. The shippers
could also reinforce the bridges like the airlines did with the pilots'
cabins.

Perhaps the republicans are in cahoots with the pirates and splitting
the ransom.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Shhhh! said:

There are numerous warships in the Indian Ocean trying to tackle this
problem right now.. but that doesn't deter the pirates, and the range
they cover is so large these ships can't police it.

It's all kind of mysterious to me too. The easiest way to get rid of
boarders is to wash them overboard with high-pressure hoses. The shippers
could also reinforce the bridges like the airlines did with the pilots'
cabins.

Perhaps the republicans are in cahoots with the pirates and splitting
the ransom.

I'm sure Witless would want to get to the bottom of that hypothesis.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Signal[_2_] Signal[_2_] is offline

George M. Middius wrote:

There are numerous warships in the Indian Ocean trying to tackle this
problem right now.. but that doesn't deter the pirates, and the range
they cover is so large these ships can't police it.

It's all kind of mysterious to me too. The easiest way to get rid of
boarders is to wash them overboard with high-pressure hoses. The shippers
could also reinforce the bridges like the airlines did with the pilots'
cabins.

Other ideas the crews probably haven't thought of : Rocking the ship
back and forth to shake the pirates off, or leaving banana skins and
bars of soap all over the deck so they slide off on their buttocks.

--
S i g n a l @ l i n e o n e . n e t
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon Boon is offline

On Nov 19, 4:07�pm, Signal wrote:
Boon wrote:
[...]

I know, but you're much more vulnerable using an RPG from a small boat
where the force of the weapon could make it flip. I can think of a
million ways to sink a small boat from a sizable ship. You could even
drop a couple of Molotov cocktails into it when they're trying to grab
the ladder. That would be fun to watch as long as they're not firing
up at you.

There are numerous warships in the Indian Ocean trying to tackle this
problem right now.. but that doesn't deter the pirates, and the range
they cover is so large these ships can't police it.

That's why I think decoys are the solution. Look like a big yacht
full of rich Europeans and then unleash an ungodly amount of firepower
on them when they get close. Then take pictures of the floating body
parts and put it on YouTube for the other pirates.

Boon
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon Boon is offline

On Nov 19, 6:28�pm, Signal wrote:
George M. Middius wrote:

There are numerous warships in the Indian Ocean trying to tackle this
problem right now.. but that doesn't deter the pirates, and the range
they cover is so large these ships can't police it.

It's all kind of mysterious to me too. The easiest way to get rid of
boarders is to wash them overboard with high-pressure hoses. The shippers
could also reinforce the bridges like the airlines did with the pilots'
cabins.

Other ideas the crews probably haven't thought of : Rocking the ship
back and forth to shake the pirates off, or leaving banana skins and
bars of soap all over the deck so they slide off on their buttocks.

I say put Steve Zissou on every boat. He kicks pirate ass.

Boon
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article ,
George M. Middius wrote:

Signal said:

There are numerous warships in the Indian Ocean trying to tackle this
problem right now.. but that doesn't deter the pirates, and the range
they cover is so large these ships can't police it.

It's all kind of mysterious to me too. The easiest way to get rid of
boarders is to wash them overboard with high-pressure hoses. The shippers
could also reinforce the bridges like the airlines did with the pilots'
cabins.

A cruise ship repelled boarders with an audio device.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...8_webpirates08
..html

This thread is now on-topic.

Stephen

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article
,
Boon wrote:

That's why I think decoys are the solution.

Easier still: create a stable Somali government.

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article
,
ScottW wrote:

On Nov 19, 8:01*pm, MiNe 109 wrote:
In article
,

*Boon wrote:
That's why I think decoys are the solution.

Easier still: create a stable Somali government.

What are you smoking?

Whatever it is, it makes sarcasm undetectable.

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon Boon is offline

On Nov 19, 8:00�pm, MiNe 109 wrote:
In article ,
�George M. Middius wrote:

Signal said:

There are numerous warships in the Indian Ocean trying to tackle this
problem right now.. but that doesn't deter the pirates, and the range
they cover is so large these ships can't police it.

It's all kind of mysterious to me too. The easiest way to get rid of
boarders is to wash them overboard with high-pressure hoses. The shippers
could also reinforce the bridges like the airlines did with the pilots'
cabins.

A cruise ship repelled boarders with an audio device.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...11448_webpirat...
.html

This thread is now on-topic.

I've read about those. That's a great device, and it seems to work
really well.

Boon
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon Boon is offline

�Boon wrote:
That's why I think decoys are the solution.

Easier still: create a stable Somali government.

Easier still: Don't get out of bed.

Boon
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon Boon is offline

On Nov 20, 5:20�am, MiNe 109 wrote:
In article
,

�Boon wrote:
That's why I think decoys are the solution.

Easier still: create a stable Somali government.

� What are you smoking?

Whatever it is, it makes sarcasm undetectable.

LOL!

You're as dry as the Sahara on the Fourth of July these days. Keep up
the good work!

Boon

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Nov 19, 8:41*pm, Boon wrote:
On Nov 19, 4:07 pm, Signal wrote:

The pirates are also armed with RPGs!

I know, but you're much more vulnerable using an RPG from a small boat
where the force of the weapon could make it flip.

RPGs typically do not have much, if any, recoil. I fired the (now
obsolete) LAW and after firing it didn't know if it had ignited until
it hit the target.

The backblast would be far more dangerous, particularly in an
inflatable boat. If you care about your fellow soldiers you always
check your backblast area before firing. It can take your head off,
or, if angled upward, make fatal projectiles out of rocks.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon Boon is offline

On Nov 20, 9:11�am, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"
wrote:
On Nov 19, 8:41�pm, Boon wrote:

On Nov 19, 4:07 pm, Signal wrote:
The pirates are also armed with RPGs!

I know, but you're much more vulnerable using an RPG from a small boat
where the force of the weapon could make it flip.

RPGs typically do not have much, if any, recoil. I fired the (now
obsolete) LAW and after firing it didn't know if it had ignited until
it hit the target.

The backblast would be far more dangerous, particularly in an
inflatable boat. If you care about your fellow soldiers you always
check your backblast area before firing. It can take your head off,
or, if angled upward, make fatal projectiles out of rocks.

Unlike Scott, I defer to your expertise.

Boon
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

wrote:
On Nov 19, 8:41 pm, Boon wrote:

On Nov 19, 4:07 pm, Signal wrote:
The pirates are also armed with RPGs!

I know, but you're much more vulnerable using an RPG from a small boat
where the force of the weapon could make it flip.

RPGs typically do not have much, if any, recoil. I fired the (now
obsolete) LAW and after firing it didn't know if it had ignited until
it hit the target.

The backblast would be far more dangerous, particularly in an
inflatable boat. If you care about your fellow soldiers you always
check your backblast area before firing. It can take your head off,
or, if angled upward, make fatal projectiles out of rocks.

Unlike Scott, I defer to your expertise.

Here's one for you. This guy didn't check his backblast area. Well, he
did, but he'd already fired:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDZaP...eature=related

In this one, watch the part in slow motion. Pay attention to the
shooter. You can see the lack of recoil:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kg4bcaIXKHU

It seems there would be more efficient ways to fish... LOL!