Posted to rec.audio.tech

Default Nakamichi DR-8

I have recieved a Nakamichi DR-8 Tape deck from a friend and am having
a slight problem with it. When I load a cassette and press play nothing
happens. I can forward, rewind and even record but cannot play using
the PLAY button. However, when I set the deck to AUTO-PLAY mode, load a
cassette and turn the deck on, the tape plays fine. Any ideas as to
what maybe the cause of this behavior?