GerryE123

Default FS: RCA NOS/NIB Audio Tubes

Hi:

I have the following audio tubes for sale. ALL are RCA NEW-OLD-STOCK,
IN-ORIGINAL-BOXES. I will test the tubes and send you the results before
confirming the sale. All prices are plus shipping (and optional insurance)
from New York, USA. Here is the list:

1. 5AR4/GZ34, QTY 2, made by Mullard in the UK, mid 1960s date codes, $95/2.

2. 6BQ5/EL84, QTY 4, $60/4.

3. 5U4GB, QTY 5, $45/5.

4. 12BH7A, QTY 5, $70/5.

5. 6CG7/6FQ7, QTY 4, "clear-tops", $35/4.

6. 12BY7A, QTY 3, $20/3.

7. 12AU7, QTY 2, "clear-tops", $20/2.

8. 6EU7, QTY 4, $30/4.

9. 5V4GA, QTY 1, $8.

10. 6J5GT, QTY 2, metal base, $15/2.

11. ECC85/6AQ8, QTY 3, $25/3.

Also, one NOS/NIB Sylvania 8417, $40.

Thanks.

Gerry
GerryE123

I Wrote:

I have the following audio tubes for sale. ALL are RCA NEW-OLD-STOCK,
IN-ORIGINAL-BOXES.

All have been sold - someone is taking them all. Thanks anyway.

Gerry
Jim Candela

Good Job selling those tubes Gerry. I marvel at what prices one can get when
they have a good lot of vintage tubes. Me, I'm too cheap to pay those kinds
of prices, but that is just me. I guess I ought to market my good USED pair
of Genalex KT-77's which I'll never use. Thanks, you got me thinking about
turning some of my inventory..

Jim

"GerryE123" wrote in message
I Wrote:

I have the following audio tubes for sale. ALL are RCA NEW-OLD-STOCK,
IN-ORIGINAL-BOXES.

All have been sold - someone is taking them all. Thanks anyway.

Gerry

GerryE123

Jim wrote:

Good Job selling those tubes Gerry. I marvel at what prices one can get when
they have a good lot of vintage tubes. Me, I'm too cheap to pay those kinds
of prices, but that is just me.

Hi Jim:

Generally speaking, my prices are 20 to 40% LOWER than AES price. A few
examples (AES Price/My Price, per tube):

1. GZ34 - $60/$42.50
2. 8417 - $53/40
3. 12BH7 - $19/$14
4. 6EU7 - $19/$10

Gerry
Jim Candela

Gerry,

I was not being critical of your prices at all. I am just amazed at what
this stuff goes for. I am a Ham operator, and typicially at the larger "swap
meets", there are dozens of folks selling tubes. These stocks are getting
pretty picked over, and tube boxes are falling apart. Even so bargains are
there, and some really good deals too. It is kind of a challenge to seek out
and find a NOS 12BH7 for a buck or two. That however is the exception. It is
strange however when I come home with a sack full of odd tubes, and I get
strange looks from the wife as I oogle over a 5651 gas reference, or the 4
boxes I just got of NOS 6111 leaded dual miniature triodes. I love this
stuff!

"GerryE123" wrote in message
Jim wrote:

Good Job selling those tubes Gerry. I marvel at what prices one can get

when
they have a good lot of vintage tubes. Me, I'm too cheap to pay those

kinds
of prices, but that is just me.

Hi Jim:

Generally speaking, my prices are 20 to 40% LOWER than AES price. A few
examples (AES Price/My Price, per tube):

1. GZ34 - $60/$42.50
2. 8417 - $53/40
3. 12BH7 - $19/$14
4. 6EU7 - $19/$10

Gerry

Jim McShane

"Jim Candela" wrote...

Gerry,

I was not being critical of your prices at all. I am
just amazed at what this stuff goes for.

It's supply and demand at its finest really. And in the
case of Gerry's list, it was RCA stuff, which is highly
desirable and more valuable as a result.

I am a Ham operator,

Aha! No offense meant AT ALL Jim, but as a group
hams are the cheapest bunch on the planet! They
cut out sections of old soup cans to make tuning
vari-caps. They are very creative in saving a buck
in many ways, but they are also CHEAP! ;-)

and typicially at the larger "swap meets", there are
dozens of folks selling tubes. These stocks are getting
pretty picked over, and tube boxes are falling apart.

Yes, they sure are. I don't even go anymore - well
maybe I'll go to something real close by...

Even so bargains are there, and some really good
deals too. It is kind of a challenge to seek out
and find a NOS 12BH7 for a buck or two.
That however is the exception.

How true!

It is strange however when I come home with a
sack full of odd tubes, and I get strange looks
from the wife as I oogle over a 5651 gas reference,
or the 4 boxes I just got of NOS 6111 leaded
dual miniature triodes. I love this stuff!

Me too, and I really enjoyed your post. Thanks for
sharing your thoughts, it was a pleasure to read 'em.

And one last thing - Gerry Engoron is a top shelf
guy who I respect very much for his honesty and
integrity. If he posts something for sale, you know
he's going to be a fair seller!

Jim McShane
Need Tubes? Got a H-K Citation (Pre) Amp?
Check http://pages.prodigy.net/jimmcshane
Repro knobs for Citation gear in stock!