Posted to rec.audio.tubes
drummerwill drummerwill is offline

Default FA: Dynaco PAS 3X highly Tricked out

This is one of mine I'm getting rid of. It was a lot of fun to tweak,
but I've just got too much stuff.
I have a lot of DIY Tube audio stuff I plan to sell over the next few
months, so stay tuned.

link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=250036918564

Have fun
Willie

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Peter Wieck Peter Wieck is offline

Willie:

With all due respect, don't you mean "Kluged" vs. "Tricked"?

I see all of the old black beauties in place, quite the mess around the
bias supply, and so forth.

Just a question, not an attack.

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA

Posted to rec.audio.tubes

Peter Wieck wrote:
Willie:

With all due respect, don't you mean "Kluged" vs. "Tricked"?

I see all of the old black beauties in place, quite the mess around the
bias supply, and so forth.

Just a question, not an attack.

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA

Yeah. you can say that! I've seen weirder stuff than this. But it
sounds pretty good, IMHO.
Willie

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
drummerwill drummerwill is offline

Stuart Krivis wrote:
On 7 Oct 2006 16:59:35 -0700, "drummerwill"
wrote:

Peter Wieck wrote:
Willie:

With all due respect, don't you mean "Kluged" vs. "Tricked"?

I see all of the old black beauties in place, quite the mess around the
bias supply, and so forth.

Just a question, not an attack.

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA

Yeah. you can say that! I've seen weirder stuff than this. But it
sounds pretty good, IMHO.
Willie

It looks like a fire hazard to me. :-)

Thanks Stu, Your kind words are very encouraging!
Willie

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Bob H. Bob H. is offline

Thanks Stu, Your kind words are very encouraging!
Willie

No sweat, those words will be gone in 6 days, anyway.

I noticed the caps against the tubes, which can only lead to problems.
How about getting rid of the bias caps for newer dinky ones, and using
the bias cap mounting bracket for those russian teflon caps.
Then getting those other caps off of that tube by the power supply.
You could tie wrap them across the top of the teflon's by putting tie
wraps under the brackets to hold them down. Then some neat wiring for
the caps. It would really clean up the area in there, and the caps
would be mounted for real.

good luck,
Bob H.