arizona cowboy

Default help! power cord question

I have a number of Tandberg and Revox stereo components from the 80's that
are missing their power cords.

It is a two wire detachable cord which was very popular on Tandberg and
Revox stereo components in the 80's

I have previously seen some modern replacements made in Taiwan, China &
India a couple of years ago, so I know a low cost replacement is out there
somewhere.

Any idea where to buy these reasonable ($6 or less)

I do not want to spend big money for a "factory" power cord, nor do I want
to rewire for 3 conductor (If you have ever had to work on Tandberg stuff,
you know why!)

thanks,

cowboy

Sofie

arizona cowboy:
Since I do quite a bit of service work on the old equipment I usually stock
the sometimes hard to find parts for them. My dealer cost for the specific
cord you are talking about is MORE than $8 ..... I also have to pay
shipping into my store. The normal retail price for these cords is $14.99
...... if you can find them cheaper you should buy several.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

"arizona cowboy" cacheoverflowATyahoo.com wrote in message
I have a number of Tandberg and Revox stereo components from the 80's that
are missing their power cords.

It is a two wire detachable cord which was very popular on Tandberg and
Revox stereo components in the 80's

I have previously seen some modern replacements made in Taiwan, China &
India a couple of years ago, so I know a low cost replacement is out there
somewhere.

Any idea where to buy these reasonable ($6 or less)

I do not want to spend big money for a "factory" power cord, nor do I want
to rewire for 3 conductor (If you have ever had to work on Tandberg stuff,
you know why!)

thanks,

cowboy

arizona cowboy

thanks, how much would you sell me 4 of these cables?

what is the brand? do they for sure fit 80's Tandberg & Revox equipment,
such as Tandberg 3001 or 3011 tuner?

thanks,

Bill

"Sofie" wrote in message
[...]

arizona cowboy

"Sofie" wrote in message
[...]

DIY questions on a custom power cord install Powell Audio Opinions 2 May 15th 04 09:05 PM
Wireword Stratus Power Cord michael High End Audio 0 February 4th 04 12:19 AM
AC Power Conditioner (Cont.) Martin Glasband High End Audio 0 December 24th 03 08:11 PM
Power outage Don Cooper Pro Audio 120 August 27th 03 03:47 PM
Power cord noise chelvam High End Audio 1 July 3rd 03 07:20 PM