RickVB

Default Pyle Mobile Video

I am interested in upgrading my conversion van video system from the
current Audivox mono TV to one of the new flip-down stereo LCD ones.
The problem is most of the larger ones (10" and bigger) are new and
specs are few and far between. I specifically am looking at the Pyle
PLVW1770R 17" model, but it's not clear whether this model has
variable audio outputs (with remote volume control). It appears that
the first generation of mobile video monitors are frequently just
that, picture and no sound. Clearly I could go with a separate preamp
and amp, but then I'd have a separate set of controls for the sound
from the video (read one more remote control; bad news in a vehicle).

I am open to suggestions for a model that includes volume control and
IR headphone signal transmission; any comments on the above model or a
better one?
---
Rick Vera-Burgos
Novi, Michigan

Lee

Take a look at audiovox's mobile video line; generally bettter quality
across the board with very nice support.

http://tinyurl.com/nqho
--
Lee
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb2/sh...hreadid=158355

RickVB

"-E-F-F-E-N-D-I-" wrote in message ...
The new Emerson Mobile MT-2700 is probably something to take a good look at.

EFFENDI

I was looking at that unit, and it appears to be identical to the Pyle
PLVW1770R, with an Emerson label on it.
---
Rick Vera-Burgos
Novi, Michigan
RickVB

Lee wrote in message ws.com...
Take a look at audiovox's mobile video line; generally bettter quality
across the board with very nice support.

http://tinyurl.com/nqho

My system in this vehicle started out as all Audiovox, with a Hi-Fi
stereo VCP, a 13" standard tube TV, and speakers. Only after I
purchased the van, did I realize the stupidity of the setup, with the
audio being controlled by the mono TV(!). I've wanted to replace that
item ever since, but back then Audiovox was the only game in town and
didn't make a stereo TV. I've only now come around to the idea of
using an LCD, because the larger sizes have become more affordable.
There is always the option of using the Audiovox VOH1502, which has
the features I want, but in the three and a half years I've owned this
van, the TV and the VCP have both died, so I was looking for
alternatives to Audiovox. By the way, does anyone out there make a
mobile DVD/VCP combo with surround sound output? Or, a TV that does
surround?

Sony STRDB 1080 problem - Video but no sound,says "PROTECTED" SaxoBoy General 1 May 21st 04 11:21 AM
wassup with Pyle? BeeP Car Audio 3 August 23rd 03 08:07 AM
Greetings from XOVISION -- Mobile Video Brand Jerome Bordallo Car Audio 0 July 18th 03 12:35 AM
HELP powering a PYLE PLA1585 Amplifier DarkHawk Car Audio 0 July 6th 03 07:00 AM
PYLE PLA1585 Amplifier DarkHawk Car Audio 0 July 6th 03 06:55 AM