Matteo Ferrari

Default technics sl 10 problems

Hi!
I got an old Technics sl 10 turntable, it has some problem and I don't
know if it's better to bring it to a repair center or to repir it by
myself.
It has some problem starting:
Sometimes it starts for few seconds but the arm doesn't go down
Sometimes it starts, works correctly for 15, 20 seconds but the arm
transport mecanism doesn't work and, after a while the cartdrige skip
the track or the arm return up...
What could it be?
All suggestios are welcome, thanks, Matteo.