AP

Default Need good FM transmitter for home use

Hi,

I'm looking for an FM transmitter to broadcast music from my PC to my
whole house. I'm not looking for something to use on the go, I want good
quality and a decent range.
I've searched a bit and found that a good option was the C.Crane FM
transmitter. It seems expensive but again I don't know the prices for
these gizmos.
Are there better options ?
Is the C.Crane (or others) going to work here in Montreal where there
are plenty of radio stations clobbering the FM range ?
Is there a reseller of the C.Crane here in Canada ?

Thanks in advance.

Antoine
George Kinder

AP wrote:
Hi,

I'm looking for an FM transmitter to broadcast music from my PC to my
whole house. I'm not looking for something to use on the go, I want good
quality and a decent range.
I've searched a bit and found that a good option was the C.Crane FM
transmitter. It seems expensive but again I don't know the prices for
these gizmos.
Are there better options ?
Is the C.Crane (or others) going to work here in Montreal where there
are plenty of radio stations clobbering the FM range ?
Is there a reseller of the C.Crane here in Canada ?

Thanks in advance.

Antoine

AP,
I've had good luck with the Ramsey FM25.
www.ramseyelectronics.com
george
Richard Crowley

"George Kinder" wrote in message
AP wrote:
Hi,

I'm looking for an FM transmitter to broadcast music from my PC to my
whole house. I'm not looking for something to use on the go, I want good
quality and a decent range.
I've searched a bit and found that a good option was the C.Crane FM
transmitter. It seems expensive but again I don't know the prices for
these gizmos.
Are there better options ?
Is the C.Crane (or others) going to work here in Montreal where there are
plenty of radio stations clobbering the FM range ?
Is there a reseller of the C.Crane here in Canada ?

Thanks in advance.

Antoine

AP,
I've had good luck with the Ramsey FM25.
www.ramseyelectronics.com

Ramsey is probably the "mainstream" source of low-power
FM transmitters. They would be a safe bet for someone who
wants something a bit better than a mass-market consumer
gadget, but not ready to get really serious.