Posted to rec.audio.high-end
jack jack is offline

Default Auditioning speakers

What CD's or LP's do you take with you when you audition speakers ? -- I am
thinking of purloining some of the names from the Stereophile "greatest
hits" -- my interests are mostly classical and jazz -- each month when I go
through the reviews I note recording which I would purchase, but I am open
to suggestions as to what is appropriate for more critical listening.

Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Kalman Rubinson Kalman Rubinson is offline

On 21 Feb 2007 23:12:43 GMT, "jack" wrote:

What CD's or LP's do you take with you when you audition speakers ? -- I am
thinking of purloining some of the names from the Stereophile "greatest
hits" -- my interests are mostly classical and jazz -- each month when I go
through the reviews I note recording which I would purchase, but I am open
to suggestions as to what is appropriate for more critical listening.

What is appropriate is what you usually listen to when you listen
carefully. Your familiarity with the material is essential.
Otherwise, you might confuse the quality of the recording with that of
the speakers you are evaluating. (Of course, the room will make a
huge difference but the only way around that is to audition the
speakers in your own room.)

Kal Rubinson

Posted to rec.audio.high-end
jack jack is offline

Well, I did order the Penderecki "Credo" on some anonymous reviewer's
recommendation