S888Wheel

Default THE ENDLESS DBT DEBATE

Nelson Pass uses DBTs? That is interesting. at the Pass Labs website the
following claim is made about one of his amps...

Speakers:
Pass Labs is pleased to introduce the "Rushmore" loudspeaker system. This is
an exceptionally dynamic and tonally balanced active four-way listening system
featuring a 15 inch woofer, 10 inch lower midrange, 5 inch upper midrange and

4 inch ribbon tweeter.

Each "Rushmore" loudspeaker consists of four independently adjustable low
wattage Class A amplification packages plus a four-way active electronic
crossover. .... more

XA Series:
The emphasis of the XA series is a little more toward performance over power,
and the initial product is the XA200. It has the warm midrange and sweet top
end of the Aleph series mated with the dynamic range and bass control of the X
amplifiers .....more

It looks to me that the claim is one of a distictive sound of this amp for
the better. Does anybody know if Nelson Pass used DBTs with his amps?

Couldn't say

Wouldn't you like to know?

but what we *can* say is that three experienced
audiophiles (including Steve Zipser) couldn't tell the top Aleph 1.2
monoblocs from an old Yamaha integrated amp in Steve's own reference
system, which used Dunlavy-designed speakers.................... BRBR

Of course, what would you expect Nelson to say on his website? :-)
-- BRBR

In your experience, have you actually caught manufacturers lying about superior
sound from their products who have conducted DBTs on their products and are
satisfied that their products sound no different from any other competent
design?

P.S. I don't know why this post showed up now. I posted it at least a month
ago.