DMC

Default Dual 521 turntable

I just found this in my closet. One of the first I bought.
Is the worth fixing up?

jibs

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm investment fraud

Sander deWaal

"DMC" said:

I just found this in my closet. One of the first I bought.
Is the worth fixing up?

What's wrong with it?
A motor, a belt, a platter and an arm.............

--

"Audio as a serious hobby is going down the tubes."
- Howard Ferstler, 25/4/2005

DMC

It does not spin, no cartrige and the tone arm needs adjusting. It's
dirty and rusty.
I just feel bad throwing it away if it could be used by someone for
parts, etc.

dmc

Sander deWaal

"DMC" said:

It does not spin, no cartrige and the tone arm needs adjusting. It's
dirty and rusty.
I just feel bad throwing it away if it could be used by someone for
parts, etc.

dmc

Well, it is nothing special, to be honest.
I wouldn't pay anyone to fix it, try to give it away to someone who's
able to repair it or indeed use it for parts.