ys

Default audio CD master reproduction

SO now I have my own music CD master, and I want
to distribute the first few copies, without going
through the process of glass-master and pressing.

What's the best way to make these copies with minimal
problems of audio quality loss?

I can think of 2 possible ways:
1. use disccopy(with Nero) of the master.
2. Extract the audio tracks as wav and burn them.

Any pro/cons to these options?
Other recommended options?

There are so many issues involved, that I'm aware of, such as jitter,
C1 C2 errors, audio ver. data, pressing ver. duplicate, etc. But I'm no
expert. Is there any good guide on-line?

Thanks,

Yuval
Mark Tranchant

ys wrote:
SO now I have my own music CD master, and I want
to distribute the first few copies, without going
through the process of glass-master and pressing.

What's the best way to make these copies with minimal
problems of audio quality loss?

Exact Audio Copy: http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/

It doesn't matter if you copy or rip then burn, so long as you set the
appropraite options for your drive in EAC.

--
Mark.
http://tranchant.plus.com/
Rui Pedro Mendes Salgueiro

ys wrote:
SO now I have my own music CD master, and I want
to distribute the first few copies, without going
through the process of glass-master and pressing.

What's the best way to make these copies with minimal
problems of audio quality loss?

I can think of 2 possible ways:
1. use disccopy(with Nero) of the master.

Use that one. When doing the first copy uncheck the options
"ignore read errors" and "delete the image after burning".
So for the next CD(s) you only need to use "Burn image".

This copy is supposed to be bit-perfect, so there should be
zero quality loss.

2. Extract the audio tracks as wav and burn them.

Slightly more complex. And the CD identifier (a 32-bit number)
might be different each time.

--
http://www.mat.uc.pt/~rps/

..pt is Portugal| `Whom the gods love die young'-Menander (342-292 BC)
Europe | Villeneuve 50-82, Toivonen 56-86, Senna 60-94