Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Bret L Bret L is offline

Default Was giving women the vote a good idea?

In Australia, the country took a definite leftward swing when female
suffrage was enacted.

In America, the effects were slightly more subtle, but the question
lingers. Are women capable of rejecting a promise of security for an
assurance of liberty? I don't know.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Apr 28, 6:25*am, Bret L wrote:
*I don't know.

See, Bratzi? It's not hard to admit that you're an idiot.

Keep it up!

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
GeoSynch GeoSynch is offline

Bret L asked:

In Australia, the country took a definite leftward swing when female
suffrage was enacted.

In America, the effects were slightly more subtle, but the question
lingers. Are women capable of rejecting a promise of security for an
assurance of liberty? I don't know.

Not according to John Lott:
http://johnrlott.tripod.com/op-eds/W...uff112707.html

"Academics have long pondered why the government started growing precisely when
it did. The federal government, aside from periods of wartime, consumed about 2
percent to 3 percent of gross domestic product (GDP) up until World War I. It
was the first war that the government spending didn't go all the way back down
to its pre-war levels, and then, in the 1920s, non-military federal spending
began steadily climbing. President Franklin Delano Roosevelt's New Deal - often
viewed as the genesis of big government - really just continued an earlier
trend. What changed before Roosevelt came to power that explains the growth of
government? The answer is women's suffrage."

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On Apr 28, 2:20*pm, Jenn wrote:
In article ,

*"GeoSynch" wrote:
Bret L asked:

[...]

Don't be so tough on RAO's bachelors. They're having a hard enough
time figuring out why women won't go near them.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
[email protected] sgordon@changethisparttohardbat.com is offline

GeoSynch wrote:
: What changed before Roosevelt came to power that explains the growth of
: government? The answer is women's suffrage."

None of the other things that happened around that time could have been the
cause? I suppose the Arizona Diamondbacks winning the pennant caused 9/11.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Apr 28, 6:11*pm, wrote:
GeoSynch wrote:

: What changed before Roosevelt came to power that explains the growth of
: government? The answer is women's suffrage."

None of the other things that happened around that time could have been the
cause? *I suppose the Arizona Diamondbacks winning the pennant caused 9/11.

Sorry, but what a superficial examination of history. The true answer
lies in a Kubrick movie which came out long before the diamondbacks
were a team.

Duh.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On Apr 28, 7:14*pm, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"
wrote:
On Apr 28, 6:11*pm, wrote:

GeoSynch wrote:

: What changed before Roosevelt came to power that explains the growth of
: government? The answer is women's suffrage."

None of the other things that happened around that time could have been the
cause? *I suppose the Arizona Diamondbacks winning the pennant caused 9/11.

Sorry, but what a superficial examination of history. The true answer
lies in a Kubrick movie which came out long before the diamondbacks
were a team.

Duh.

Of course! "I am Spartacus!" I always knew it was some sort of a code.