logant23 logant23 is offline
Junior Member

Unhappy Need Help!!! I dont know whats wrong with my amp

I was hooking my subs back up after having them out of my car for awhile, i was not even paying attention and i put the ground wire into the 12v positive port. The car and everything was off and as soon as the ground wire touched the 12v positive it made a quick spark. I obviously immediately pulled the ground wire out. Once i had the correct wires where they needed to be i turned the car on but now the amplifier doesnt even turn on? did putting the ground wire in the positive fry the amp? any input you guys have would really be appreciated. Im not great with car audio and i dont know what to do
Posted to rec.audio.car
e-nigma[_3_] e-nigma[_3_] is offline

Default Need Help!!! I dont know whats wrong with my amp

--
logant23

Check the fuses
There should be one one the amp and one by the battery
The one by the battery is the most likely to be bad

Posted to rec.audio.car
bob wald bob wald is offline

AAAAhhh! not the ole...check the fuses answer....
if i hear this once more!
first rule to car audio.....if a expert car installer..answers any
problem,with check the fuses answer...RUN......
lol..i see your yrs of installing has taught you.fuses can get
blown..who woulda thunk.....lol

Posted to rec.audio.car
James James is offline

The obvious, and most likely problem is that he has blown a fuse. They are
made to take care of the very type of thing this person did. There was a
direct short from voltage positive to ground. One of two things could
happen. Either the car caught fire, or a properly designed and placed fuse
blew.

He didn't say anything about the car burning up.

James

Posted to rec.audio.car
Patti Bryant Patti Bryant is offline

James wrote:
The obvious, and most likely problem is that he has blown a fuse. They are
made to take care of the very type of thing this person did. There was a
direct short from voltage positive to ground. One of two things could
happen. Either the car caught fire, or a properly designed and placed fuse
blew.

He didn't say anything about the car burning up.

James

You want to watch convicted child molester pig slasher David Rock burn
his own car up?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nG1RrzH7-cY

Posted to rec.audio.car
Glenn Wright Glenn Wright is offline

Patti Bryant wrote:
James wrote:
The obvious, and most likely problem is that he has blown a fuse.
They are
made to take care of the very type of thing this person did. There was a
direct short from voltage positive to ground. One of two things could
happen. Either the car caught fire, or a properly designed and placed
fuse
blew.

He didn't say anything about the car burning up.

James

You want to watch convicted child molester pig slasher David Rock burn
his own car up?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nG1RrzH7-cY

SHUT YOUR SIZE 42 ASS UP YOU OLD HAG.
Posted to rec.audio.car
OldSch00lf00l OldSch00lf00l is offline

James wrote:
The obvious, and most likely problem is that he has blown a fuse. They are
made to take care of the very type of thing this person did. There was a
direct short from voltage positive to ground. One of two things could
happen. Either the car caught fire, or a properly designed and placed fuse
blew.

He didn't say anything about the car burning up.

James

Or something in the amplifier's power supply blew to protect that $1
fuse. Murphy's law dictates that the most expensive product in the
electrical path will blow to protect the cheapest part.