Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default wtb Cassette recorder

Any one have a cassette machine laying about that is not seeing enough use
to justify its space
I am looking for a simple stereo deck perfably with lo-z mic inputs(though
not required)
must be in good to excellent shape, esp pinch rollers and transports
willing to spend up to about 100$
george

Posted to rec.audio.pro
hank alrich hank alrich is offline

Georege wrote:

Any one have a cassette machine laying about that is not seeing enough use
to justify its space
I am looking for a simple stereo deck perfably with lo-z mic inputs(though
not required)
must be in good to excellent shape, esp pinch rollers and transports
willing to spend up to about 100$
george

I don't think I've seen a cassette deck with low-Z mic inputs. They've
all been, IME, hi-Z unbalanced and if you wanted to use them with pro
mics you'd need at least the Shure or EV barrel transformers to get from
balanced to unbalanced and lo to hi-Z.

--
ha
"Iraq" is Arabic for "Vietnam"
Posted to rec.audio.pro

"hank alrich" wrote in message
.. .
Georege wrote:

Any one have a cassette machine laying about that is not seeing enough
use
to justify its space
I am looking for a simple stereo deck perfably with lo-z mic
inputs(though
not required)
must be in good to excellent shape, esp pinch rollers and transports
willing to spend up to about 100$
george

I don't think I've seen a cassette deck with low-Z mic inputs. They've
all been, IME, hi-Z unbalanced and if you wanted to use them with pro
mics you'd need at least the Shure or EV barrel transformers to get from
balanced to unbalanced and lo to hi-Z.

I had a nak that had lo-z balanced in
but some bunghole tore the transport apart to regain thier 89 cent tape that
got eaten

I just won a marantz with hi-z mic ins on ebay for 10.50
I am sure it will be worth every penny of that, LOL

BTW hank this is for simple recording of my acoustic outfit during living
room jams
George

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Cassette recorders -- at least those intended for use in an audio system --
do not generally have mic preamps, as they raise the cost and aren't used by
most owners. (I think they also raise the import duty.)

How about a Sony TC-D3, or whatever it's called? It's a good machine, and
you can hold it in your hand. It has mic inputs, but you'll need adapters to
fit the mini-plug input.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
hank alrich hank alrich is offline

George wrote:

"hank alrich wrote...
Georege wrote:

Any one have a cassette machine laying about that is not seeing enough
use
to justify its space
I am looking for a simple stereo deck perfably with lo-z mic
inputs(though
not required)
must be in good to excellent shape, esp pinch rollers and transports
willing to spend up to about 100$
george

I don't think I've seen a cassette deck with low-Z mic inputs. They've
all been, IME, hi-Z unbalanced and if you wanted to use them with pro
mics you'd need at least the Shure or EV barrel transformers to get from
balanced to unbalanced and lo to hi-Z.

I had a nak that had lo-z balanced in
but some bunghole tore the transport apart to regain thier 89 cent tape that
got eaten

I have a Yamaha C-300 that has balanced XLR's in, but they're not mic
level.

I just won a marantz with hi-z mic ins on ebay for 10.50
I am sure it will be worth every penny of that, LOL

The shipping might kill ya. g

BTW hank this is for simple recording of my acoustic outfit during living
room jams

Take a look at that little Zoom gizmo that's gotten some good comment
over in rmmga.

--
ha
"Iraq" is Arabic for "Vietnam"