Posted to rec.audio.car
[email protected] jimbojimps@hotmail.com is offline

Default drum monitor installed in car seat...

So I am a professional drummer and I use a in ear monitor system. Part
of the system is this thing called a buttkicker 2 (or buttkicker
concert), and basically what it does, is it recreates all of the sound
that is too low for the headphones to reproduce. So essentially this
thing is mounted on any seat bottom, and it shoots super tight and
accurate sounding bass up through your body. It does not really have
any bleed over, and it stays almost entirely isolated to whatever you
mount it to.

It seems to me, that since I already much prefer the sound and impact
from a really dense 10'' woofer, that replacing the woofer with a
single buttkicker would do the job better and, would keep the overall
sound in the car down to a minimum.

Sooooooo anyway... I want to know whether or not you guys think it
would work well to install this on the underside of my car seat. I know
how to hook it up to the house mixing board and house amps, but I don't
know how the hell Iw ould go about hooking this up inside of a car.
Becuase I think most folks here are not so familiar with this thing I
included a link below to their site, whih has specs and stuff
available.

Once again sorry if most of you dudes are not entirely in to any of
this music monitoring stuff, but I would assume you know way more about
car stereos than I do.

http://www.thebuttkicker.com/buttkic...fier_home.html

http://www.thebuttkicker.com/Concert_home.html

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

There is a company called Aura that for many years has sold a product called
a "Bass Shaker" that sounds similar to what you have. It attaches to your
speaker lead (just like another speaker) and then you mount it underneath
your seat. It has some type of servo that creates a vibration effect
instead of sound. I have never tried it, but I have heard they are very
effective. Many high-end home-theater seats now incorporate this technology
as well for more movie impact.

You can see a picture of the Aura bass shaker at:

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshow...TOKEN=11400984

So if your Butt-Vibrator (or whatever) is similar, it should work fine.

MOSFET

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Posted to rec.audio.car
Brandonb Brandonb is offline

I'm not familiar with them, but it seems from the pages you linked, that
you can just nix the amp, use a regular car amp capable of a 2-ohm mono
load and be good to go.

Brandonb