Posted to rec.audio.tech
Zebbik

Default Courses At University Of Salford.

Hello there.
My quastion is very uncommon.
If there's someone who graduate one of those courses:

Audio, Video And Broadcast Technology
or
Audio Technology

at University Of Salford in Manchester/North West England please help me .
I'd like to study Audio And Video but I would like to have some opinions
about those courses and what will be the future job when I graduate.

Best regards.
PS. Please give me any more places where I can ask about it if you know.
Thanx.

--
Zebbik
GG: 5557876
Posted to rec.audio.tech
AZ Nomad

On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 01:04:02 +0100, Zebbik wrote:

Hello there.
My quastion is very uncommon.
If there's someone who graduate one of those courses:

When you spam like you've just done, the only thing I can think
to tell you is **** OFF.
Posted to rec.audio.tech
Eeyore

Zebbik wrote:

Hello there.
My quastion is very uncommon.
If there's someone who graduate one of those courses:

Audio, Video And Broadcast Technology
or
Audio Technology

at University Of Salford in Manchester/North West England please help me .
I'd like to study Audio And Video but I would like to have some opinions
about those courses and what will be the future job when I graduate.

Best regards.
PS. Please give me any more places where I can ask about it if you know.

I took on one of their students during his placement year. I believe it's
supposed to be one of the best audio courses in the UK but their standard of
teaching the electronics bit didn't impress me overly.

Does City Uni still offer a course ?

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Eeyore

AZ Nomad wrote:

On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 01:04:02 +0100, Zebbik wrote:

Hello there.
My quastion is very uncommon.
If there's someone who graduate one of those courses:

When you spam like you've just done, the only thing I can think
to tell you is **** OFF.

Eh ? Can you elaborate ?

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.tech
AZ Nomad

On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 05:32:45 +0100, Eeyore wrote:

AZ Nomad wrote:

On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 01:04:02 +0100, Zebbik wrote:

Hello there.
My quastion is very uncommon.
If there's someone who graduate one of those courses:

When you spam like you've just done, the only thing I can think
to tell you is **** OFF.

Eh ? Can you elaborate ?

go to google and search for the meaning of "multipost crosspost"

You posted at least four separate messages, all to irrelevent newsgroups.
Next time, have the decency to find appropriate newsgroups and post
just *once* to up to no more than four newsgroups. Starting separate threads in
multiple newsgroups is assinine.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Vivek

How did you found out that this was a crosspost? Having a bad day?

"AZ Nomad" wrote in message
| go to google and search for the meaning of "multipost crosspost"
|
| You posted at least four separate messages, all to irrelevent newsgroups.
| Next time, have the decency to find appropriate newsgroups and post
| just *once* to up to no more than four newsgroups. Starting separate
threads in
| multiple newsgroups is assinine.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
AZ Nomad

On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 20:15:16 +0530, Vivek wrote:

How did you found out that this was a crosspost? Having a bad day?

No, idiot. I saw the message posted at least four times. I subscribe to
more than one audio newsgroup and saw it spammed to all of them.

It wasn't a crosspost either. If it was, I would have only seen it once.
Instead of being a single message crossposted to multiple newsgroups, it was
posted multiple times. If you'd bothered to use google to get a clue what
the word "crosspost" means, you'd know that. Instead you chose to stay
ignorant and continue to be an asshole. Here's another one to look
up: plonk

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Eeyore

AZ Nomad wrote:

On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 01:04:02 +0100, Zebbik wrote:

Hello there.
My quastion is very uncommon.
If there's someone who graduate one of those courses:

When you spam like you've just done, the only thing I can think
to tell you is **** OFF.

Eh ? Can you elaborate ?

go to google and search for the meaning of "multipost crosspost"

You posted at least four separate messages, all to irrelevent newsgroups.
Next time, have the decency to find appropriate newsgroups and post
just *once* to up to no more than four newsgroups. Starting separate threads in
multiple newsgroups is assinine.

When I saw his post in another group I put him right on the crossposting issue.

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Eeyore

Vivek wrote:

How did you found out that this was a crosspost? Having a bad day?

Like me, I expect Nomad inhabits the same likely groups this would be posted to.

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Zebbik

AZ Nomad wrote following message:

On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 01:04:02 +0100, Zebbik wrote:
Hello there.
My quastion is very uncommon.
If there's someone who graduate one of those courses:

When you spam like you've just done, the only thing I can think
to tell you is **** OFF.

It is very sad I have to meet people like you.
You would have given me a more gentle advise but you had to be so rude.
If you think so, why dind't you write me an email with reffering me to right
websites where I could read rules. I don't know your terms. It looks like
you're looking an audience !!!! So it's much sad.

And it was not supposed to be spamm. Read carefully message. this is
quastion about particular corse. How do you think I could explain different
way, what course i have ment? If it's so big mistake I didn't do it on
purpose.

--
Zebbik
GG: 5557876

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Zebbik

I took on one of their students during his placement year. I believe it's
supposed to be one of the best audio courses in the UK but their
standard of teaching the electronics bit didn't impress me overly.

Thanks. I don't know which course you mean? I am very glad to hear this,
though.

Does City Uni still offer a course ?
Graham

I know nothing about City Uni :/. Sorry but if you want I could ask and send
you an email if you want.

Regards.

--
Zebbik
GG: 5557876
Posted to rec.audio.tech
Zebbik

Zebbik wrote following message:

AZ Nomad wrote following message:
On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 01:04:02 +0100, Zebbik wrote:
Hello there.
My quastion is very uncommon.
If there's someone who graduate one of those courses:

When you spam like you've just done, the only thing I can think
to tell you is **** OFF.

It is very sad I have to meet people like you.
You would have given me a more gentle advise but you had to be so rude.
If you think so, why dind't you write me an email with reffering me to
right websites where I could read rules. I don't know your terms. It
looks like you're looking an audience !!!! So it's much sad.
And it was not supposed to be spamm. Read carefully message. this is
quastion about particular corse. How do you think I could explain
different way, what course i have ment? If it's so big mistake I didn't
do it on purpose.

.... and (sorry I forgot to add something) What's wrong with writing the same
message to different groups? Isn't it true that some people visit different
groups? I am very keen finding out about those courses because I'd like to
study sound and have good backrounds !

--
Zebbik
GG: 5557876
Posted to rec.audio.tech
Richard Crowley

"Zebbik" wrote...
... and (sorry I forgot to add something) What's wrong
with writing the same message to different groups? Isn't
it true that some people visit different groups?

If you are aking the SAME question to more than one
RELATED newsgroups, it is preferable to cross-post
a single message rather than post duplicate messages
to multiple newsgroups. The reasons are...

1) Yes, people do read different newsgroups. But once
we read a particular message, it is marked as "already
seen" no matter which newsgroup it appears in (IF it is
cross-posted). If it is NOT cross-posted, it appears over
and over again as if it were a new question in each new
newsgroup. The people who may be most able to help
you frequently find this very annoying.

2) By cross-posting to *related* newsgroups, you get the
benefit of cross-checking answers against each other.
Else, you could get completely different answers in two
different newsgroups, and you would have no comprehensive
way of cross-checking them against each other.

3) By cross-posting to *related* newsgroups, the people
in the individual newsgroups benefit from seeing responses
from other newsgroups which they may not frequent.

Cross-posting to UN-related newsgroups, and particularly
posting commercial solicitations, is called "SPAM" and
is treated harshly by many. Spamming will cause you to be
permanently ignored (by "blacklisting" you in our "kill-
files" so that you effectively disappear from the internet.)
Posted to rec.audio.tech
Zebbik

Richard Crowley wrote following message:

"Zebbik" wrote...
[...]

I am sorry. I didn't know that. Now, I admitt I've done it wrong way.
Next time I promise I will keep in mind those rules :/.

Thanks a lot. Regards.

--
Zebbik
GG: 5557876
Posted to rec.audio.tech
Eeyore

Zebbik wrote:

What's wrong with writing the same
message to different groups? Isn't it true that some people visit different
groups?

Nothing at all.

Cross-posting as opposed to *multi-posting* allows everyone to see everyone
else's responses though and is much better for this kind of question.

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Eeyore

Richard Crowley wrote:

"Zebbik" wrote...
[...]

Excellent explanation !

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Zebbik Zebbik is offline

I have two quastions about cross-post.

1) what's the follow-up field? I've read it's very important but I don't
know what it does :/

2) if I next time decide to cross-post my message on groups e.g.

rec.video
rec.video.a
rec.video.a.x
rec.video.a.xx

rec.video.b
rec.video.b.yyy

will it work exactly the same when I cross-post my message to different set
of group which have different domain, for example? It's just technical
problem.

Thanx

--
Zebbik
GG: 5557876
Posted to rec.audio.tech

On Sun, 02 Jul 2006 02:41:28 +0100, Eeyore
wrote:

Cross-posting to UN-related newsgroups, and particularly
posting commercial solicitations, is called "SPAM" and
is treated harshly by many. Spamming will cause you to be
permanently ignored (by "blacklisting" you in our "kill-
files" so that you effectively disappear from the internet.)

Excellent explanation !

Except that it's wrong :-) Unless you define "Spam" as "any post
that offends my idea of strict Usenet etiquette."

The only offensive content in this thread has been the quite
over-the-top abusive reaction from one person to a very small breach
of netiqette.
Posted to rec.audio.tech

"Zebbik" wrote ...
I have two quastions about cross-post.

1) what's the follow-up field? I've read it's very important
but I don't know what it does :/

Follow-ups (responses to messages) automatically go
back to the same newsgroup(s) where the original
message was posted. You can change where follow-
up messages to by putting the name of *different*
newsgroups in the Followup field. Unless a message
is being propagated to the wrong newsgroups, the
Followup field is usually not used. I wouldn't worry
about it.

2) if I next time decide to cross-post my message on groups e.g.

rec.video
rec.video.a
rec.video.a.x
rec.video.a.xx

rec.video.b
rec.video.b.yyy

will it work exactly the same when I cross-post my message to
different set of group which have different domain, for example? It's
just technical problem.

I don't understand your question. Each individual
message gets posted to explicitly whichever news-
group(s) the message is addressed to. It makes no
difference what domain(s) they are in. The Usenet
system does not care which domains you cross-post
to.

We human users of Usenet *do* care which domains
you cross-post to because people who abuse the cross-
post feature are perceived as either ignorant or malicious.

There are plenty of resources available online which
explain the etiquette of Usenet ("netiquette").
For example: http://www.albion.com/netiquette/
which is just the first of 15100000 hits Google
returned for: netiquette

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Zebbik Zebbik is offline

It was supposed to be more technical question than about netiquette, which
is about good manner I believe in the whole Usenet.

Thanks of course for explanation. I am more experienced now .

--
Zebbik
GG: 5557876