Default 2:1 mike cable

I'm looking for a mike cable of a special type: It must have 2 female XLR
connectors at the mike end, and 2 male XLRs at the other end. Both ends
have to quickly Y into a single 4 conductor shielded cable. IOW, I don't
want to run 2 separate mike cables parallel to each other. The correct
length will be 6 meters.

In addition, I'd like the same thing, but with a mini-TRS plug substituted
for the male XLR end. In this case, a 2-conductor + shield cable will have
to do.

I'm fully aware that I can use DIY cables, but I'd rather find a commercial
cable that looks nice. :-)

Thanks,

Norm Strong

hank alrich

normanstrong wrote:

I'm fully aware that I can use DIY cables, but I'd rather find a commercial
cable that looks nice. :-)

Markertek will build you whatever you want.

--
ha
Scott Dorsey

I'm looking for a mike cable of a special type: It must have 2 female XLR
connectors at the mike end, and 2 male XLRs at the other end. Both ends
have to quickly Y into a single 4 conductor shielded cable. IOW, I don't
want to run 2 separate mike cables parallel to each other. The correct
length will be 6 meters.

So you want a 2-channel snake?

In addition, I'd like the same thing, but with a mini-TRS plug substituted
for the male XLR end. In this case, a 2-conductor + shield cable will have
to do.

Okay, you want a 2-channel snake with TRS on one end?

I'm fully aware that I can use DIY cables, but I'd rather find a commercial
cable that looks nice. :-)

Call Markertek. They'll make them for you. With a little bit of care you
can make DIY cables that look just as good, but frankly you won't save
much if anything over having Markertek do it. Gepco in Chicago also does
nice custom cable work for cheap.

Jim Gregory

You might try using screened star-quad cable as used by broadcasters and
audio outfits remoting on Location/Gig work, but, of course, split the
normally paralleled pairs. Canare or similar.
Wire your mics 3-p XLR skts to a 5-(or 6-) pole XLR plg, and do the inverse
at the "home" end.
But I doubt if you can easily make a neat job with this at the mini TRSs.
Jim

Cable Madness SALE at AudioWaves AudioWaves Marketplace 1 December 28th 04 07:09 AM
More Questions About Cables Mike Pro Audio 78 September 21st 04 05:24 PM
cabling explained Midlant Car Audio 8 November 14th 03 03:07 AM
Testing speaker cable. normanstrong High End Audio 3 July 27th 03 11:22 PM
OT. Best cable type for tv and fm aerial Richard Crowley Pro Audio 0 July 4th 03 02:56 AM